Table of Contents.
Part I: Mapping The Languages of Racism:.
1. Does "Race" Matter? Transatlantic Perspectives on "Race Relations": Robert Miles and Rodolfo D. Torres.
2. I know it's not nice, but..."The changing face of 'race'": Colette Guillaumin.
3. The contours of racialization: Private structures, representations and resistance in the United States: Stephen Small.
4. Marxism, racism, and ethnicity: John Solomos and Les Back.
5. Postmodernism and the politics of racialized identities: Louis F. Mir¢n.
Part II: Critical Multiracial Feminism:.
6. Theorizing difference from multiracial feminism: Maxine Baca Zinn and Bonnie Thornton Dill.
7. Ethnicity, gender relations and multiculturalism: Nira Yuval-Davis.
8. What's in a name? Womanism, black feminism, and beyond: Patricia Hill Collins.
Part III: Fashioning Mixed Race:.
9. The colorblind multiracial dilemma: Racial categories reconsidered: John A. Powell.
10. Multiracial Asians: Models of ethnic identity: Maria P. P. Root.
11. Cipherspace: Latino identity past and present: J. Jorge Klor de Alva.
Part IV: The Color(s) of Whiteness:.
12. Establishing the fact of whiteness: John Hartigan, Jr.
13. Constructions of whiteness in European and American anti-racism: Alastair Bonnett.
14. The labor of whiteness, the whiteness of labor, and the perils of whitewashing: Michael Eric Dyson.
15. The trickster's play: Whiteness in the subordination and liberation process: A¡da Hurtado.
Part V: Cultural Citizenship, Multiculturalism, And The State:.
16. Citizenship: Richard Delgado.
17. Cultural citizenship, inequality, and multiculturalism: Renato Rosaldo.
18. Cultural citizenship as subject making: Immigrants negotiate racial and cultural boundaries in the United States: Aihwa Ong.
Part VI: Locating Class:.
19. The site of class: Edna Bonacich.
20. Between nationality and class: Stanley Aronowitz.
21. Class racism: Etienne Balibar.
Part VII: Globalized Futures And Racialized Identities:.
22. Multiculturalism and flexibility: Some new directions in global capitalism: Richard P. Appelbaum.
23. Analytic Borderlands: Race, gender and representation in the new city: Saskia Sassen.
24. Globalization, the racial divide, and a new citizenship: Michael C. Dawson.
Part VIII: Critical Engagements:.
25. Interview Stuart Hall: Cultural and power: Peter Osborne and Lynne Segal.
26. Angela Y. Davis: reflections on race, class, and gender in the USA: Lisa Lowe.