- Addresses the rise of nationalism in the US post-September 11.
- Brings together “culturalist” and state-centered approaches to nationalism.
- Underscores the importance of race, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, and religion to understanding nationalism.
- Clarifies key concepts such as nationalism, nation, state, gender, sexuality, etc.
- Contains useful examples to illustrate key aspects of nationalism.
- Features clear and engaging prose.
Parades, Flags, and National Pride.
Vexed Links: Perspectives on Nationalism, the State, and Modernity.
Fraught Legacies: Nationalism, Colonialism, and Race.
Redoubtable Essences: Nationalisms and Genders.
Checking (Homo)Sexualities at the Nation’s Door: Nationalisms and Sexualities.
In the Name of God, Community, and Country: Nationalisms, Ethnicity, and Religion.
Speculations on the Future of Nationalisms.