This November 2020 Microelectronics Technology Opportunity Engine (TOE) issue covers innovations in microLED fabrication, low power edge devices, wearables, and transistors. Some of the key innovations profiled include a fabrication technology for production of microLED displays, power management Integrated Circuits for IoT applications, IC for flexible electronics, AI integrated smart glasses, MOSFETs, and techniques to keep silicon microelectronics cool.
The Microelectronics TOE captures global electronics-related innovations and developments on a weekly basis. Developments are centered on electronics attributed by low power and cost, smaller size, better viewing, display and interface facilities, wireless connectivity, higher memory capacity, flexibility and wearables.
Research focus themes include small footprint lightweight devices (CNTs, graphene), smart monitoring and control (touch and haptics), energy efficiency (LEDs, OLEDs, power and thermal management, energy harvesting), and high speed and improved conductivity devices (SiC, GaN, GaAs).
1. Innovations in MicroLED Fabrication, Low Power Edge Devices, Wearables, and Transistors
- Picosun OY, Finland - Growth Opportunities
- Nowi B.V. Netherlands
- Aspinity Inc. US - Growth Opportunities
- Pragmatic Printing Ltd. UK - Growth Opportunities
- 8Sense, Germany - Growth Opportunities
- University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong - Growth Opportunities
- Auctify, Canada - Growth Opportunities
- Imerciv, Canada - Growth Opportunities
- EM Microelectronics, Switzerland - Growth Opportunities
- Microchip Technology Inc. US - Growth Opportunities
- State Univeristy of New York Polytechnic Institute, US - Growth Opportunities
- Institute of Industrial Science University of Tokyo, Japan - Growth Opportunities
2. Key Contacts
- Aspinity Inc.
- EM Microelectronics
- Institute of Industrial Science University of Tokyo
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- Nowi B.V.
- Picosun OY
- Pragmatic Printing Ltd.
- State Univeristy of New York Polytechnic Institute
- University of Hong Kong