Financial Services Review Asia 2020 is an initiative study of mobile financial services in India and China for individuals. These countries have the largest population and their GDPs are rated No. 1 and No. 3 in the world. The study aims at defining the new developments at the markets with the largest number of financial service consumers and the most robust economy to promote best practice adoption in any country.
In each country, the publisher studied top 50 applications in the Finance category - the most popular Google Play Store services according to Usage Rank by SimilarWeb (India) and app rating in the Finance category in the most visited stores in China - Tencent My App Store. After that, the publisher categorized them and excluded monitoring services, password generation, news, lottery and investment apps requiring opening a brokerage account. Finally, the publisher selected 29 applications with the largest market impact based on expert assessment and opinions of UX specialists in certain countries.
To understand the context of services better, the publisher conducted detailed interviews with the agents, studied the legislation, infrastructure and cultural features of each of these countries. It resulted in a layout of user tasks further implemented in the application study.
The publisher designed market maps of India and China, gathered a video case base of user solutions of 29 services and defined 130 best practices explained in this report and on the best practice map.
Who Will Benefit From This Research?
Top managers of financial companies:
1. Be aware of trends, get a general idea of what is happening in the market.
2. Ability to demonstrate research results publicly, increasing their expert status.
Product managers/directors for mobile, digital banking/product teams:
1. Use study results to achieve their KPIs.
2. Find the best solutions to client problems and adapt them to their business, or copy directly.
3. Justify their own product solutions.
PR and marketing:
1. Use for communication of successful decisions.
2. Analytical base about the market for marketing strategy/presentations/own research, etc.
- Key Results of the Study
- Market Map of India
- Market Map of China
- Infrastructure and Legislation Features
- Cultural Features
- Review of Key Services in India and China
- Best Practices
- Research Methods
If the service already exists on the market, the source of the insights for its development will be a collection of 130 best practices, each of which we’ve described in terms of impact on business and client experience. The solution navigator is a map on which all best practices are structured according to 15 user tasks.
- DBS Mobile
- Axis Bank
- YONO SBI
- Google Pay
- Agricultural Bank of China
- China Merchants Bank
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China
- Bank Of China
- China Construction Bank
- Dai Bao
- Ping An House Keeper
- Union Pay