Mobile Banking Rank 2020 is the ninth wave of the annual survey of mobile banking effectiveness for individuals. This year the publisher tried to find out how mobile banking can become a business tool which attracts, retains and monetizes users.
40 mobile apps from 20 banks and financial companies were evaluated separately on two types of mobile devices: iPhone and Android smartphones. Those are the most technologically advanced (top-10 last year's rating) and the most popular (top-20 SimilarWeb Usage rank in the finance category). Each mobile bank participated in a desk study, a series of usability tests and interviews with users. Within the framework of the study, the publisher formed 2 assessment systems:
1) The Daily Banking assessment system shows how fully and conveniently the mobile bank solves client's daily management tasks for managing money on the card.
2) The Digital Office assessment system reflects the completeness of the solutions in the mobile bank for client's tasks that require contacting a bank office or call center.
The results of the study include a public metric for assessing the effectiveness of mobile banks for individuals, a description of the changes that have occurred in the market, a prediction for future development, and 250+ best practices for implementing user tasks in mobile banks.
Who Will Benefit From This Research?
Top managers of financial companies:
1. Be aware of trends, get a general idea of what is happening in the market.
2. Ability to demonstrate research results publicly, increasing their expert status.
Product managers/directors for mobile, digital banking/product teams:
1. Use study results to achieve their KPIs.
2. Find the best solutions to client problems and adapt them to their business, or copy directly.
3. Justify their own product solutions.
PR and marketing:
1. Use for communication of successful decisions.
2. Analytical base about the market for marketing strategy/presentations/own research, etc.
- About the Study
- Ranking and Key Research Findings
- Market Changes
- Mobile Banking Trends in 2020
- 246 Best Practices for Solving User Problems
- Study Methodology
1) Public performance ratings help to evaluate the competitive positions of mobile banks for individuals and see market leaders to follow.
2) Changes and trends overview give an idea of market development.
3) Best practices database contains 250+ best practices for solving various user problems and an expert opinion about thier impact on business.
3) Maps of trends and best practices help to bring mobile bank for individuals to the level of the best according to the Mobile Banking Rank 2020 methodology.
4) Usability testing insights will be useful to penetrate deeper into the life of the client, become the main bank for payments and proactively offer the client relevant products and services.
- Ak Bars Bank
- Levoberezhny Bank
- Bank Otkritie
- CB Renaissance Credit
- Home Credit Bank
- BCS Bank
- MTS Bank
- OTP Bank
- Post Bank
- Sberbank of Russia
- Tinkoff Bank