This report focuses on aspects of the Connected Consumer Survey that relate to the behaviour, preferences and plans of smartphone users in the Middle East. In particular, it focuses on respondents' usage of over-the-top (OTT) communication services.
The survey was conducted in association with On Device Research (ODR) between August and September 2020. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the mobile internet-using population in the Middle East. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There were a minimum of 1000 respondents per country.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- Which OTT communication and paid-for online video apps are used the most in the Middle East?
- Where is there potential for growth in the OTT communication and paidfor online video space?
- Which OTT communication app features are most-frequently used?
- Is there any remaining potential for monetisation by mobile operators?
- Which channels do consumers prefer to use to interact with brands?
Who Should Read this Report
- Operator-based strategy executives and marketing managers who are interested in understanding consumer market trends, and the changing role of operators as communications providers.
- Market intelligence and research executives in service providers that are responsible for understanding end-user trends and supporting business units in identifying and addressing new opportunities in mobile communication services.
- Equipment/device manufacturers and software providers that want to identify end-user trends in service and device usage and help their operator customers to better address market opportunities in mobile services related to communication and entertainment.
- identifies which communications apps are used the most in the Middle East
- highlights the pockets of growth that remain in the OTT communication market
- identifies which features are used the most on communication apps
- discusses the ways in which consumers balance their use of OTT communications with that of traditional services
- identifies consumers’ preferred channels for communicating with brands.
Survey data coverage
The research was conducted between August and September 2020. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the mobile-internet-using population in the Middle East. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There were a minimum of 750 respondents per country.
- Executive summary
- OTT communication services
- Methodology and panel information
- About the author
- Saudi Arabia