The Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) connected trucks telematics market is moving ahead with a steady growth rate despite the impact from the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The market is dominated by prominent telematics industry leaders, and also OEMs who are vying for an equal market share. Telematics technology is expected to grow eventually as the awareness about vehicle tracking and monitoring of various user-based parameters increases among the user community.
The ANZ telematics industry has evolved over the years and is strongly backed by compliance systems such as National Heavy Vehicle (NHV) and Intelligent Access Project (IAP,) where telematics data is readily available for monitoring through different channels. The market is highly fragmented and sees the presence of many players; however, with consistent technological advancements and customer leadership, prominent telematics service providers (TSPs) manage to hold firm market positions.
Advanced technologies such as video telematics, electronic work diaries (EWD), and digitisation are changing the current phase of telematics experience in the ANZ region. Inclusion of these features in the trucking industry along with the assimilation of fleet management systems will enhance the overall safety and tracking experience of vehicle telematics. OEMs are actively looking ahead to invest in the adoption of telematics as a factory-fit solution and success with this effort lies in the standardisation of the telematics technology.
This study includes TSPs such as Teletrac Navman, MTData, Verizon Connect, ERoad, and Trimble. Notable OEMs covered include Isuzu, Volvo, Scania, and UD. These vendors have deployed various strategies to expand their products and applications and supplement their market share. Many local and international companies are also trying to enter the ANZ market; however, their market entry is made difficult by the strong presence of existing vendors. TSPs need to forge deep relationships with existing players through mergers or acquisitions (M&As), partnerships, or joint ventures. The ANZ region holds a good potential for the adoption of advanced technology and solutions.
This study analyses developments in the telematics industry for commercial vehicles (CVs) and helps to identify growth opportunities. It also provides a roadmap for market opportunities and offers strategic insights. Further, it provides an overview of the ANZ telematics market including key technology trends, market drivers and restraints, and opportunities.
Vehicle segmentation considered in this study includes light commercial vehicles (LCVs) and medium & heavy commercial vehicles (M/HCVs). The study further covers the market size and forecasts of the telematics market & details of existing scenario of the industry with key vendor & market share analysis.
1. Strategic Imperatives
- Why Is It Increasingly Difficult to Grow?
- The Strategic Imperative 8™
- The Impact of the Top Three Strategic Imperatives on the ANZ Connected Trucks Telematics Industry
- Growth Opportunities Fuel the Growth Pipeline Engine™
2. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
- Roadmap for the ANZ Connected Trucks Telematics Market
- Key Growth Metrics for the ANZ Connected Trucks Telematics Market
- PESTLE Analysis
- Connected Truck Telematics Market Outlook
- Key Regulations
- ANZ Connected Trucks Telematics Market - Scope of Analysis
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
4. Segmentation and Overview
- Vehicle Segmentation
- Fleet Size and Distance-driven Segmentation
- Solution Types
- Key Telematics Services - Overview
5. Market Outlook
- Key Economic Indicators for 2019 - Australia and New Zealand
- Key Market Trends - Australia and New Zealand
- Connected Trucks Telematics Market - VIO and Installed Base Forecast
- Key TSPs Operating in Australia and New Zealand
- Key OEMs Operating in Australia and New Zealand
- Ecosystem Partners and Local Partnerships
6. Pricing and Competitive Scenario
- Telematics Product Type Range
- Telematics Product Package Range
- Competitive Force Analysis
7. Market Share Analysis
- ANZ Telematics Market - Installed Base by Contributions
- Installed Base Forecast
8. Market Share Analysis
9. Market Opportunity Analysis
- Opportunity by Hardware Type
- Opportunity by Package Type
- Opportunity by Services - Top 3 Services
- Opportunity by Vehicle Type
- Opportunity by Fleet Type
- Opportunity by Industry Type
- Opportunity by Solution Type
- Key Opportunity Regions
10. Growth Opportunities Universe
- Growth Opportunity: Innovative Business Models Coupled with Advanced Technology will Support Further Market Growth
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
- The Last Word - 3 Big Predictions
11. Next Steps
- Your Next Steps
- List of Exhibits
- Legal Disclaimer
- Abbreviations and Acronyms Used