The broad legal framework for hemp and CBD and medical cannabis will remain unchanged for now due to the upcoming parliamentary elections in March 2021. With regard to recreational cannabis, the government will continue with the ongoing trial for state-controlled cultivation and sale via a closed chain of coffee shops with the aim of nominating ten cannabis growers in the first quarter of 2021. We expect to see more initiatives on legalisation of hemp flowers under the incoming government following the recent ruling by the Court of Justice of the European Union in the Kanavape case that CBD must not be treated as a narcotic. This report covers the current rules for cannabis and CBD.
1 Executive Summary
4 Extracts as Finished Products
5 Finished Products Containing CBD and Extracts
6 Import and Export Requirements
7 Medical Cannabis
8 Recreational Cannabis
9 Relevant Laws
10 Relevant Bodies
- Consumer and market participant (manufacturer/brand) surveys.
- Consolidation of publicly available information.
- Legal tracking through legal database checking and sourcing information from government regulators and other law-making bodies.
- Pricing and product information from online and offline retail data gathering, including local fieldwork teams.
- Findings from key industry events and interviews with leading market players and opinion leaders.
- Partnerships with leading research agencies.
- Quantitative and qualitative research and client collaborations.
- Cross-referenced data between markets.
- Tamarind Media proprietary market model.
Please note that each report has its own methodology, so you should always refer to the methodology applied in the report you purchase.