This report addresses the changes to the product offering and brand landscape for CBD products in the US between the third and fourth quarters of 2020.
- The US CBD market continues to be dominated by domestic brands.
- The constant launch of new, as well as the removal of old, CBD products by existing brands suggests a highly competitive and fast-moving market.
- Many brands launched new products across categories at the end of 2020, but product development in the vape category remained flat, reflecting consumer suspicion following the vape crisis in 2019.
- Decreases in price across most CBD product categories continued in the final quarter of 2020, in line with many CBD markets around the world.
1 Executive Summary
2 Brands and Categories
3 Product Analysis
4 Pricing Analysis
5 Specific Categories
- Consumer and market participant (manufacturer/brand) surveys.
- Consolidation of publicly available information.
- Legal tracking through legal database checking and sourcing information from government regulators and other law-making bodies.
- Pricing and product information from online and offline retail data gathering, including local fieldwork teams.
- Findings from key industry events and interviews with leading market players and opinion leaders.
- Partnerships with leading research agencies.
- Quantitative and qualitative research and client collaborations.
- Cross-referenced data between markets.
- Tamarind Media proprietary market model.
Please note that each report has its own methodology, so you should always refer to the methodology applied in the report you purchase.