This webinar will update your Excel skills by teaching you how to create impressive Dashboards even if you don’t have artistic talent. At the conclusion of this webinar you'll be able to create amazing, interactive Excel dashboards that update at the click of a button and leave a lasting 'wow' impression.
Why Should You Attend:
Excel Dashboards are the new buzzword employers are searching for. If you have, or want a career that involves creating reports in Excel, then you need to know how to build impressive, interactive, visually stunning, Excel dashboards. This practical, 90-minute webinar will leave you with Excel techniques you can immediately put to use making killer dashboards that set your skill level apart from others.
Microsoft Excel dashboards are powerful tools that summarize spreadsheet data to render a concise overview of critical business metrics. Dashboards provide an excellent and succinct way to share a "snap shot" view of key performance indicators (KPIs) for both small businesses and enterprise-level organizations
The hallmark of an interactive, data-driven dashboard is the ability to see and understand data at the speed of thought. This on-the-job, nut-'n-bolts training webinar will deliver the skills you need to design well-planned Excel dashboards that present answers to questions in real-time, render visually striking displays, turn insight into action, help accomplish your firm’s objectives and improve your Excel skills.
Easily Monitor Business Performance with Interactive Excel Dashboards You Create . . .
Create dashboards the easy way. Pivot Tables are among the easiest methods of creating Excel dashboards. Why pay thousands to a consultant when you can learn this technique in just 90 fun minutes?
- An easy way to take raw data and make it presentable with Excel dashboards
- Best Practices Dashboard Design - turning data easy to interpret information
- How to use Excel Pivot Tables to build interactive, user-defined dashboards
- How to construct a navigational menu using Excel
- What charts to use and how to arrange multiple graphs on a dashboard
- Determining which KPIs to use in your dashboard
- Using the Pivot Table drill down capabilities in your dashboard
- Building an optimum dashboard for at-a-glance analysis and decision making
- Simple Excel techniques to make powerful dashboards - separate your skill level from others
After completing this webinar you will
- Be able to define key performance indicators and build a dashboard in Excel to monitor them.
- Learn simple techniques you can apply in Excel to make powerful, visually stunning dashboards
- Become known as a Dashboard Superhero with a professional-caliber Excel skillset
This webinar is for you if you:
- Are interested in building a dashboard, but don't know where or how to begin
- Know how to create basic charts but aren't sure how to package them
- Already prepare reports of any kind that require updating with new data on a regular basis or;
- Work with charts or; work with large volumes of data or;
- Import data into Excel from another source or database: Access, Web, Text files etc. or;
- Don't know the best way to display your data but want to produce professional quality work
- Eventually want to use MS Power BI
- Overview of Excel Dashboard Construction and Methodologies
- KPIs and Analytics
- Dashboard Design Dos and Don’ts
- Data Range vs Table or Pivot Table for Dashboard Dynamic Updates
- Rapid Pivot Table Review - A Mix of Basics with a Few Advanced Topics
- Rapid Set Up - One-Minute Pivot Table Quick Start
- Understanding the Pivot Field and Filtering Options
- Analyze and Design Tab
- Pivot Charts and Slicers
- Updating Data - Using Refresh
- Speed Tips - When/How To Copy and Paste Pivot Tables and Charts
- Pivot Table Example: Analyzing Sales Tends by State, Salesman and Location
- Dashboard Example: Pivot Table to Dashboard
- Determine Spec Sheet, Layout, and then Copy and Paste Charts
- Symmetry: Size and Align Charts Simultaneously with Format Tools
- Slicers and the Critical Importance of Report Connections
- Logos, Headings and Drawing Tools for Professional Touches
- Hyperlinks for Navigation Between Dashboard and Database
- Eliminating Gridlines, Headings, Formula Bar and Ribbon for Professional Appearance
- The Critical Importance of Testing
- KPI Analysis and Management Recommendations
- Dashboard design guidelines - Best practices for reporting business metrics
- Creating Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Creating PivotTables, PivotCharts and Slicers to create dashboards
- Adding linked tables, charts and slicers (filters) to the data model
- Graphical presentation of business performance measures - best practices
- Leverage visual analysis for striking visual displays and greater impact
- Choosing color and typography
- Select visualizations that best communicate the message your KPI needs to convey
- Choose the right chart for your data - which type of chart will best display your data.
- Improving the user experience - professional-level navigations via links and filters
- Fully interactive - the user can filter data and change the view themselves
- Displays, key trends, comparisons and data graphically or in small tables
- Reviewing the completed dashboard
Joe Weil, CPA, M. Acc., is the president of the National Center for Continuing Education (NCCE), a Tallahassee based nationwide financial training firm. With over 25 years’ experience, Mr. Weil has led over 400 seminars on Excel and financial topics and several highly acclaimed webinars on the same topics. He is a former corporate controller, former state agency director of auditing, and a former municipal CFO.
Mr. Weil earned his Master of Accounting Degree at Florida State University. His training clientele include Harley-Davidson, Hewlett-Packard, Oracle, Deloitte, Florida Power and Light, Motorola, National Institute of Science and Technology, and many others.
- Financial Professionals Including CFO's, Controllers, Accounting and Finance Managers and Staff
- Financial Analysts, Budget Directors and Staff, CPAs, Auditors, Administrators and Managers
- HR and Sales professionals who prepare reports using Excel
- Engineers and Production Managers who prepare reports using Excel
- IT Professionals Who Want an Fun, Easy Way To Prepare KPI Dashboards