The Global Electric Scooter & Motorcycle Market is estimated to be USD 5.8 Bn in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 11.3 Bn by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 14.2%.
Key factors, such as the rising carbon emissions and the growing fuel prices have certainly benefitted the growth of the electric scooter and motorcycle market. Moreover, in order to induce the demand in the electric mobility segment, the respective Governments have promised subsidies and have laid certain initiatives that have boosted the demand for the electric two-wheeler segment further. Additionally, the increasing affordability of electric scooters has further accelerated the growth of the market.
However, the high initial costs of e-motorcycle or e-scooter along with the battery prices is likely to hinder the growth of the market. Moreover, the time taken to recharge the battery is also restraining the growth of the market.
The Global Electric Scooter & Motorcycle Market is segmented further based on vehicle type, product type, battery covered, distance covered, technology, voltage, vehicle class and Geography.
By Vehicle Type, the market is classified as E-Scooter/Moped and E-Motorcycle. Amongst the two, the E-Motorcycle segment is estimated to hold the highest market share.
By Product Type, the market is classified as Retro, Standing/Self-Balancing, and Folding. Amongst all, the Retro segment is estimated to hold the highest market share during the forecast period.
By Battery Covered, the market is classified as sealed lead-acid and Lithium-ion. Amongst all, the Lithium-ion battery segment is estimated to hold the highest market share.
By Distance Covered, the market is classified as below 75 miles, 75-100 Miles, and above 100 Miles. Amongst all, the below 75 miles segment is estimated to hold the highest market share.
By Technology, the market is classified as Plug-in and Battery. Amongst the two, the battery segment is estimated to hold the highest market share.
By Voltage, the market is classified as 36V, 48V, 60V, and 72V. Amongst the two, the 48V segment is estimated to hold the highest market share.
By Vehicle Class, the market is classified as Economy and Luxury. Amongst the two, the Economic segment is estimated to hold the highest market share.
By Geography, APAC is projected to lead the market.
1. Polaris has signed a 10-year exclusive partnership with Zero Motorcycles for manufacturing electric sports vehicles that include ATVs and snowmobiles. This is likely to be introduced by 2025. Through this agreement, Polaris seeks to add new electric vehicles to their off-road and power sports vehicles. - 29th September 2020
2. Terra Motors Corporation has lined up the electric two-wheeler segment catered specially for the Indian market. It is likely to be slated by 2020.- 9th May 2018
Some of the companies covered in this report are Mahindra GenZe, BMW Motorrad International, Vmoto Limited, Terra Motors Corporation, Gogoro Inc, KTM AG, SUNRA, and Jiangsu Xinri Electric Vehicle Co. Ltd.
The report includes Competitive Quadrant, a proprietary tool to analyze and evaluate the position of companies based on their Industry Position score and Market Performance score. The tool uses various factors for categorizing the players into four categories. Some of these factors considered for analysis are financial performance over the last 3 years, growth strategies, innovation score, new product launches, investments and growth in market share.
Why buy this report?
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the Global Electric Scooter & Motorcycle Market. The report includes in-depth qualitative analysis, verifiable data from authentic sources, and projections about market size.
- The projections are calculated using proven research methodologies.
- The report has been compiled through extensive primary and secondary research. The primary research is done through interviews, surveys, and observation of renowned personnel in the industry.
- The report includes in-depth market analysis using Porter’s 5 force model and the Ansoff Matrix. The impact of Covid-19 on the market is also featured in the report.
The report also contains the competitive analysis using Positioning Quadrants, the analyst's proprietary competitive positioning tool.
- A complete analysis of the market, including parent industry
- Important market dynamics and trends
- Market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market based on value and volume
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
1 Report Description
1.1 Study Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.4 Years Considered
1.6 Key Shareholders
2 Research Methodology
2.1 Research Process
2.2 Data Collection and Validation
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.3 Market Size Estimation
2.4 Assumptions of the Study
2.5 Limitations of the Study
3 Executive Summary
4 Market Overview
4.2 Market Dynamics
184.108.40.206 Rising fuel prices
220.127.116.11 Need to minimize the levels of collective carbon footprints
18.104.22.168 Increasing affordability of electric two wheelers
22.214.171.124 Increasing Government initiatives towards electric mobility
126.96.36.199 High time consumed in the recharging process
188.8.131.52 High cost of batteries along with high initial costs
184.108.40.206 Increasing consumer awareness towards alternate fuels
220.127.116.11 Growing advancements in battery technologies & R&D activities
18.104.22.168 Manufacturer focus towards the production of electric two wheelers segment
22.214.171.124 Lack of recharging infrastructure
5 Market Analysis
5.1 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.2 Impact of COVID-19
5.3 Ansoff Matrix Analysis
6 Global Electric Scooter & Motorcycle Market, By Vehicle Type
7 Global Electric Scooter & Motorcycle Market, By Product Type
8 Global Electric Scooter & Motorcycle Market, By Battery Covered
8.2 Sealed lead acid
9 Global Electric Scooter & Motorcycle Market, By Distance Covered
9.2 Below 75 miles
9.3 75-100 Miles
9.4 Above 100 Miles
10 Global Electric Scooter & Motorcycle Market, By Technology
11 Global Electric Scooter & Motorcycle Market, By Voltage
12 Global Electric Scooter & Motorcycle Market, By Vehicle Class
13 Global Electric Scooter & Motorcycle Market, By Geography
13.2 North America
13.3 South America
13.4.6 Rest of Europe
13.5.6 South Korea
13.5.9 Rest of APAC
13.6 Rest of the World
13.6.2 Saudi Arabia
13.6.3 South Africa
13.6.4 United Arab Emirates
13.6.5 Latin America
14 Competitive Landscape
14.1 IGR Competitive Quadrant
14.2 Market Share Analysis
14.3 Competitive Scenario
14.3.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
14.3.2 Agreement, Collaborations, & Partnerships
14.3.3 New Product Launches & Enhancements
14.3.4 Investments & Fundings
15 Company Profiles
15.1 AIMA Technology Group Co., Ltd
15.2 Ampere Vehicles Pvt Ltd (Greaves Cotton)
15.3 Energica Motor Company S.p.A
15.4 Govecs Group
15.5 Harley Davidson
15.6 Hero Eco Vehicles Pvt Ltd
15.7 KTM AG
15.8 Lightning Motorcycles
15.9 Mahindra GenZe
15.10 Shandong Incalcu Electric Vehicle Co. Ltd
15.12 Dongguan Tailing Electric Vehicle Co. Ltd
15.13 Terra Motors Corporation
15.14 Piaggio Group
15.15 BMW Motorrad International
15.16 TVS Motor Company
15.17 Zero Motorcycles
15.18 Vmoto Limited
15.19 Yadea Group Holding Ltd.
15.20 Emflux Motors
15.21 Bajaj Auto Ltd.
15.22 Electrotherm Ltd
15.23 Gogoro Inc
15.24 Jiangsu Xinri Electric Vehicle Co. Ltd.
- AIMA Technology Group Co., Ltd
- Ampere Vehicles Pvt Ltd (Greaves Cotton)
- Energica Motor Company S.p.A
- Govecs Group
- Harley Davidson
- Hero Eco Vehicles Pvt Ltd
- KTM AG
- Lightning Motorcycles
- Mahindra GenZe
- Shandong Incalcu Electric Vehicle Co. Ltd
- Dongguan Tailing Electric Vehicle Co. Ltd
- Terra Motors Corporation
- Piaggio Group
- BMW Motorrad International
- TVS Motor Company
- Zero Motorcycles
- Vmoto Limited
- Yadea Group Holding Ltd.
- Emflux Motors
- Bajaj Auto Ltd.
- Electrotherm Ltd
- Gogoro Inc
- Jiangsu Xinri Electric Vehicle Co. Ltd.