This report provides an overview of how FMCG companies are adapting for the future of work. It looks at how particular technologies have been implemented, and how popular their uptake has been. Furthermore, it assesses the impact that COVID-19 has had on work patterns, and how it will influence entrenched consumer behavior.
The theme of the future of work has affected many due to the rapid adjustments required during COVID-19. Companies have had to adapt to meet changes in demand, consumption occasions, and methods of shopping. FMCG companies, retailers, and foodservice outlets have adopted digitalization and remote working in response to increasing desires for flexibility and on-demand service.
- The future of work is no longer a niche theme for the largest companies. COVID-19 has accelerated its urgency and forced its entry into the public consciousness.
- COVID-19 has changed attitudes and priorities around work-life balances and short-term trends for reverse urbanization.
- New forms of digitalization will continue to enhance the e-commerce experience. Traditional retail has suffered while online channels have boomed in popularity.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insight into the latest sub-trends around the future of work.
- Identify emerging technologies to help better position your company.
- Discover how rapid enforced changes over the past year will influence consumer reactions.
Table of Contents
- Our Future of Work Framework
- Macroeconomic trends
- Regulatory trends
- Use Cases
- Mergers and acquisitions
Appendix: Thematic research methodology
- Public companies
- Further Reading
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes: