This report focuses on the results of the Connected Consumer Survey that relate to the presence of fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) in Europe. It provides insight into the penetration of FMC, market structure, bundle composition and the effects of FMC on churn and Net Promoter Scores (NPSs) in eight European countries.
This report provides:
- A breakdown of FMC penetration at an operator and market level, and the potential addressable market for operators;
- Insights into the composition of FMC packages, and analysis of the FMC customer base, including demographic and spend analysis;
- Insights into value-added services of FMC customers;
- Insights into customer service channels for FMC customers;
- Analysis of the intention to churn and NPS for several large operators, and an extended discussion of the drivers of customer satisfaction.
Self-Reported FMC Bundle Share of Broadband Subscribers, by Country, 2018 and 2020
Survey Data Coverage
The survey was conducted in association with Survey Sampling International (SSI) between July and September 2020. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the broader online consumer population in Europe. Quotas were set on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There were a minimum of 1,000 respondents per country.
Key Questions Answered in This Report
- How should market structure influence operators’ strategies for deploying FMC retail bundles?
- What are the most-significant drivers of customer satisfaction of FMC operators, as measured by Net Promoter Score (NPS)? Which operators are particularly effective at scoring highly and why?
- What are the most-significant drivers of fixed broadband and mobile churn among FMC customers and how can operators most effectively approach customer retention?
- How does customer service channel usage and take-up of value-added services (VAS) vary among FMC/non-FMC subscribers?
Who Should Read This Report?
- Product managers and strategy teams working for converged operators that are launching new FMC offers aimed at the retail market, or operators that are designing a response to their competitors’ offers.
- Marketing executives and product managers for operators that are making decisions about service design and its impact on customer retention of FMC offers.
- Industry observers and regulators that want to understand how FMC is affecting the customer experience.