The Global Acne Drugs Market is estimated to be USD 5.08 Bn in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 7.21 Bn by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 7.24%.
Key factors, such as increasing prevalence of the acne with unhealthy living pattern among the youth is actively driving the growth of the global acne drugs market. Also, the high focus on the use of skincare and cosmetics products has further aggravated acne growth due to the presence of chemicals in such growth further leading to a demand for the acne drugs market.
However, the side effects associated with acne medications and the alternative treatment options with a widespread herbal marketplace are hampering the growth of the market.
The Global Acne Drugs Market is segmented further based on Acne Type, Therapeutic Class, Drug Type, Treatment Modality, and Geography.
By Acne Type, the market is classified as inflammatory, and non-inflammatory. Amongst all, the inflammatory segment is estimated to hold the highest market share during the forecast period.
By Therapeutic Class, the market is classified as a retinoid, antibiotics, hormonal agent, combination drugs, and others. Amongst all, the retinoid segment holds the highest market share.
By Drug Type, the market is classified as OTC and prescription drugs. Amongst the two, the prescription drugs segment is estimated to hold the highest market share.
By Treatment Modality, the market is classified as topical medications, oral medications, and injectable. Amongst all, the topical medications segment is estimated to hold the highest market share.
By Geography, North America is projected to lead the market.
1. GlaxoSmithKline PLC has decided to acquire Stiefel Laboratories which is a reputed dermatology drug manufacturer for USD 2.9Bn.- 20th April 2020
2. Alembic Pharmaceuticals has received approval from the USFDA for a generic Adapalene gel for the treatment of acne. - 19th June 2020
Some of the companies covered in this report are Bausch Health Companies Inc., GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Johnson & Johnson, Galderma S.A., Mayne Pharma Group Limited, Botanix Pharmaceuticals, Mylan N.V. etc.
The report includes a Competitive Quadrant, a proprietary tool to analyze and evaluate the position of companies based on their Industry Position score and Market Performance score. The tool uses various factors for categorizing the players into four categories. Some of these factors considered for analysis are financial performance over the last 3 years, growth strategies, innovation score, new product launches, investments, growth in market share, etc.
Why buy this report?
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the Global Acne Drugs Market. The report includes in-depth qualitative analysis, verifiable data from authentic sources, and projections about market size. The projections are calculated using proven research methodologies.
- The report has been compiled through extensive primary and secondary research. The primary research is done through interviews, surveys, and observation of renowned personnel in the industry.
- The report includes in-depth market analysis using Porter’s 5 force model and the Ansoff Matrix. The impact of Covid-19 on the market is also featured in the report.
- The report also contains the competitive analysis using the Competitive Quadrant, the analyst's proprietary competitive positioning tool.
- A complete analysis of the market, including parent industry
- Important market dynamics and trends
- Market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market based on value and volume
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
What is the estimated value of the Global Acne Drugs Market?
What is the growth rate of the Global Acne Drugs Market?
What is the forecasted size of the Global Acne Drugs Market?
Who are the key companies in the Global Acne Drugs Market?
1.2 Market Definition
1.4 Years Considered
1.6 Key Stakeholders
2.2 Data Collection and Validation
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.3 Market Size Estimation
2.4 Assumptions of the Study
2.5 Limitations of the Study
4.2 Market Dynamics
184.108.40.206 Increase in prevalence of skin diseases such as acne.
220.127.116.11 Increasing presence of online retail platforms
18.104.22.168 Rising focus on the use of skincare and cosmetic products
22.214.171.124 Side effects associated with acne medications
126.96.36.199 Presence of substitutes to acne treatment
188.8.131.52 Growing awareness about the available acne treatment options
184.108.40.206 Emerging demand of combination therapy
220.127.116.11 Stringent regulations surrounding the acne drug approval process
5.2 Impact of COVID-19
5.3 Ansoff Matrix Analysis
7.4 Hormonal Agent
8.2 OTC Drugs
8.3 Prescription Drugs
9.2 Topical Medications
9.3 Oral Medications
9.4 Injectable Medications
10.2 North America
10.3 South America
10.4.6 Rest of Europe
10.5.6 South Korea
10.5.9 Rest of APAC
10.6 Rest of the World
10.6.2 Saudi Arabia
10.6.3 South Africa
10.6.4 United Arab Emirates
10.6.5 Latin America
11.2 Market Share Analysis
11.3 Competitive Scenario
11.3.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
11.3.2 Agreement, Collaborations, & Partnerships
11.3.3 New Product Launches & Enhancements
11.3.4 Investments & Funding
12.2 Bausch Health Companies Inc.
12.3 Glaxosmithkline Plc
12.4 Johnson & Johnson
12.5 Galderma S.A. (EQT Group)
12.6 Mayne Pharma Group Limited
12.7 Botanix Pharmaceuticals
12.9 Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
12.10 Pfizer Inc.
12.11 Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
12.12 Valeant Pharmaceutical International Ltd.
12.13 Stiefel (Glaxosmithkline Plc)
12.14 Allergan plc (AbbVie)
12.15 Bayer HealthCare
12.18 Reckitt Benckiser
12.19 Oculus Innovative Sciences
12.20 Aqua Pharmaceuticals (Almirall )
12.21 Skinvisible Pharmaceuticals
12.22 Cipher Pharmaceuticals
- Almirall SA
- Bausch Health Companies Inc.
- Glaxosmithkline Plc
- Johnson & Johnson
- Galderma S.A. (EQT Group)
- Mayne Pharma Group Limited
- Botanix Pharmaceuticals
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
- Pfizer Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Valeant Pharmaceutical International Ltd.
- Stiefel (Glaxosmithkline Plc)
- Allergan plc (AbbVie)
- Bayer HealthCare
- Reckitt Benckiser
- Oculus Innovative Sciences
- Aqua Pharmaceuticals (Almirall )
- Skinvisible Pharmaceuticals
- Cipher Pharmaceuticals