1h Free Analyst TimeEucalyptus Oil - Foresights
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
Eucalyptus essential oil is extracted from the bark, leaves, buds and fruit of the evergreen eucalyptus tree, also called "eucalypts." Eucalypts grow natively in Australia, where they have been used for making canoes, bushfood, and medicinal remedies since ancient times by the indigenous Aboriginal tribes. In modern times, eucalypts are cultivated in subtropical regions of Africa, Asia, and the Americas for its wood, which is useful as pulp, timber, and fuel, and its oil suitable for applications in cosmetics, toiletries, and therapeutics.
By virtue of its disinfectant, cleansing and aromatic properties, eucalyptus oil is a suitable additive for household cleaning products. Anecdotal evidence of the germicidal and soothing properties of eucalyptus oil have lent its use in remedies for acne, eczema, rashes, dandruff, and lice. However, due to the lack of scientific studies validating these properties, eucalyptol (a colorless bicyclic ether that makes up 90% of eucalyptus oil) remains a niche ingredient in the beauty and grooming sector.
- Eucalyptus oil has antibacterial, antiseptic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anticancer properties.
- Consumer companies in Australia, India, Singapore, and other countries in Asia are at the forefront leveraging the properties of eucalyptus oil and launching personal care and household care products containing the ingredient.
- Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been strong demand for personal care products with antibacterial and antioxidant properties.
- Eucalyptus oil can be leveraged in various consumer products such as household care, such as dish soaps, insect repellants, aromatherapy products, and haircare products such as shampoo.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
- Take Outs
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Pursoma Rituals
- Natural Organic
- Paul Penders Eau de Perfume
- Mama Earth
- Murphy’s Naturals