The Global Process Analytical Technology Market is estimated to be USD 2.36 Bn in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 4.26 Bn by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 12.5%.
Major factors that drive the market growth are Increasing R&D activities in pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies, rapid technological advancements in analytical devices, Increasing drug discovery and development activities, and strict government regulations for drug manufacturing and safety. Other factors that help in boosting the market growth are increasing government investments in emerging countries as the emerging markets offer plenty of growth opportunities for manufacturers of process analytical technology solutions. Hence, all these factors help in driving the growth of the market during the forecast period.
However, the high cost involved in the process of PAT (Process Analytical Technology) deployment and a dearth of skilled professionals are expected to hamper the market growth to a certain extent. Also, loopholes in the infrastructural sector in developing economies may create hindrances in the growth of the Global Process Analytical Technology Market.
The Global Process Analytical Technology Market is segmented further based on Technique, Measurements, End Users, Products & Services, and Geography.
By Technique, the market is classified into Spectroscopy, Chromatography, Particle Size Analysis, Capillary Electrophoresis, and Other techniques (such as calorimetry, thermal analysis, total organic carbon analysis, and FIA). Amongst these, the Spectroscopy segment is estimated to hold the highest market share.
By Measurement, the market is classified into On-line, In-line, At-line, and Off-line methods of measurement. Amongst all, the On-line Measurement segment is estimated to hold the highest market share.
By End Users, the market is classified into Pharmaceutical Manufacturers, Biopharmaceutical Manufacturers, Contract Research and Manufacturing Organizations, and Other End Users. Amongst these, the Pharmaceutical Manufacturers segment is estimated to hold the highest market share.
By Products and Services, the products are classified into Analyzers, Sensors and probes, and Samplers. Services segment are classified into chemometrics and statistics data processing, repair and maintenance of instruments, and training services. Amongst these, the Products segment is estimated to hold the highest market share.
By Geography, North America is projected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
1. Optimal Industrial Technologies, a leader in Process Analytical Technology (PAT), has released the latest version of its data management solution synTQ. Offering enhanced support for regulatory-compliant Cloud-based Big Data analytics, synTQ version 5.4 is a key technology for the digital transformation of businesses. - 1st December 2020
2. ExpoPharma recently designed and manufactured a multi PAT powder stream conditioning chute for use in characterizing product in development scale Continuous Manufacturing. The Spectrum Multi-Probe Chute is designed to provide optimum interfacing for several sensors so that they can be used in sequence to collect high-quality data on the same process stream. - 13th July 2020
3. Waters Corporation received the 2019 Global New Product Innovation Award by Frost & Sullivan for its smart BioAccord Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS) System. It is the first smart MS-enabled biopharmaceutical solution with intelligent software and chemistries, which deliver high levels of reliability, sensitivity, and detection. - 8th January 2020
Some of the companies covered in this report are Bruker Corporation, Shimadzu Corporation, Perkinelmer, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Agilent Technologies, Inc., Danaher Corporation, Carl Zeiss AG, Mettler-Toledo International Inc., Emerson Electric Co., ABB Group, Pfizer Inc., Roche Holding AG, Waters Corporation, Siemens AG, Hellma GmbH & Co. KG, Conquer Scientific, International Equipment Trading Ltd., Niracle, LLC, Canada Analytical & Process Technologies (CAPT) and Expo Technologies Inc.
The report includes a Competitive Quadrant, a proprietary tool to analyze and evaluate the position of companies based on their Industry Position score and Market Performance score. The tool uses various factors for categorizing the players into four categories. Some of these factors considered for analysis are financial performance over the last 3 years, growth strategies, innovation score, new product launches, investments, growth in market share, etc.
Why buy this report?
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the Global Process Analytical Technology Market.
- The report includes in-depth qualitative analysis, verifiable data from authentic sources, and projections about market size. The projections are calculated using proven research methodologies.
- The report has been compiled through extensive primary and secondary research. The primary research is done through interviews, surveys, and observation of renowned personnel in the industry.
- The report includes in-depth market analysis using Porter’s 5 force model and the Ansoff Matrix. The impact of Covid-19 on the market is also featured in the report.
- The report also contains the competitive analysis using the Competitive Quadrant, the analyst's Proprietary competitive positioning tool.
- A complete analysis of the market, including parent industry
- Important market dynamics and trends
- Market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market based on value and volume
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
What is the estimated value of the Global Process Analytical Technology Market?
What is the growth rate of the Global Process Analytical Technology Market?
What is the forecasted size of the Global Process Analytical Technology Market?
Who are the key companies in the Global Process Analytical Technology Market?
1.2 Market Definition
1.4 Years Considered
1.6 Key Shareholders
2.2 Data Collection and Validation
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.3 Market Size Estimation
2.4 Assumptions of the Study
2.5 Limitations of the Study
4.2 Market Dynamics
126.96.36.199 Increasing Need for Automation and Quality Control in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
188.8.131.52 Increasing R&D Expenditure by Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical Firms
184.108.40.206 Rapid Technological Advancements in Analytical Devices
220.127.116.11 Increasing Government Regulations on Drug Manufacturing & Safety
18.104.22.168 High Cost of Process Analytical Technology Deployment
22.214.171.124 Availability of Alternative Techniques
126.96.36.199 Rapid Adoption of Analytical Instruments in Bioprocesses
188.8.131.52 High-Growth Opportunities in Emerging Economies
184.108.40.206 Death of Skilled Professionals
4.3.1 Adoption of Quality by Design (QBD) Principles
4.3.2 Outsourcing to Contract Manufacturing Organizations
5.2 Impact of COVID-19
5.3 Ansoff Matrix Analysis
6.2.1 Molecular Spectroscopy
6.2.2 Mass Spectroscopy
6.2.3 Atomic Spectroscopy
6.3.1 Liquid Chromatography (LC) Systems
6.3.2 Gas Chromatography (GC) Systems
6.3.3 Other Chromatography Systems
6.4 Particle Size Analysis
6.5 Capillary Electrophoresis
6.6 Other Techniques
7.2 On-Line Measurement
7.3 In-Line Measurement
7.4 At-Line Measurement
7.5 Off-Line Measurement
8.2 Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
8.3 Contract Research and Manufacturing Organizations
8.4 Biopharmaceutical Manufacturers
8.5 Other End Users
9.2.2 Sensors and Probes
9.3.1 Chemometrics and Statistics Data Processing
9.3.2 Repair and Maintenance of Instruments
9.3.3 Training services
10.2 North America
10.3 South America
10.4.6 Rest of Europe
10.5.6 South Korea
10.5.9 Rest of APAC
10.6 Rest of the World
10.6.2 Saudi Arabia
10.6.3 South Africa
10.6.4 United Arab Emirates
10.6.5 Latin America
11.2 Market Share Analysis
11.3 Competitive Scenario
11.3.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
11.3.2 Agreement, Collaborations, & Partnerships
11.3.3 New Product Launches & Enhancements
11.3.4 Investments & Funding
12.2 Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
12.3 Agilent Technologies, Inc.
12.4 Danaher Corporation
12.5 PerkinElmer, Inc.
12.6 Carl Zeiss AG (Carl Zeiss Stiftung, Carl Zeiss Foundation)
12.7 Mettler-Toledo International Inc.
12.8 Emerson Electric Co.
12.9 ABB Group
12.10 Shimadzu Corporation
12.11 Pfizer Inc.
12.12 Roche Holding AG
12.13 Waters Corporation
12.14 Siemens AG
12.15 Hellma GmbH & Co. KG
12.16 Conquer Scientific
12.17 International Equipment Trading Ltd.
12.18 Niracle, LLC
12.19 Canada Analytical & Process Technologies (CAPT)
12.20 Expo Technologies Inc.
- Bruker Corporation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Danaher Corporation
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Carl Zeiss AG (Carl Zeiss Stiftung, Carl Zeiss Foundation)
- Mettler-Toledo International Inc.
- Emerson Electric Co.
- ABB Group
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Pfizer Inc.
- Roche Holding AG
- Waters Corporation
- Siemens AG
- Hellma GmbH & Co. KG
- Conquer Scientific
- International Equipment Trading Ltd.
- Niracle, LLC
- Canada Analytical & Process Technologies (CAPT)
- Expo Technologies Inc.