Antacids are usually over the counter (OTC) medications used in neutralizing the stomach acid. The market has seen wide availability of antacids in variety of forms. Manufacturers in the antacids market are approaching different drug formulation techniques to support flavoured, chewable tablets to capture the market.
The Global Antacids Market is estimated to be USD 5.5 Bn in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 6.56 Bn by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 3.6%.
Rising incidence of acidic refluxes like GERD, unhealthy lifestyle etc. have driven the growth of the market. However, the alternative market for antacids hinders the growth of this market.
- Increasing Prevalence of Gastro Esophageal Reflux Diseases (GERD)
- Growing Geriatric Population
- Increasing Prevalence Of Heartburn
- Unhealthy lifestyle
- Growing number of alternatives in the market for antacids
- Increasing awareness about GERD
- Rise of E-commerce has augmented the demand for antacids
- Melt in mouth antacid
The Global Antacid market is further segmented on the basis of drug class, formulation, distribution channel and geography.
Global Antacids Market, By Drug Class
- Proton Pump Inhibitor
- H2 Antagonist
- Acid Neutralizers
Global Antacids Market, By Formulation
Global Antacids Market, By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Antacids Market, By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
Some of the companies covered in this report are Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, Abbott India Private Ltd, Bayer AG, Takeda pharmaceuticals, Sun pharmaceuticals, Sanofi, Dr Reddy’s Laboratories etc.
The report includes a Competitive Quadrant, a proprietary tool to analyze and evaluate the position of companies based on their Industry Position score and Market Performance score. The tool uses various factors for categorizing the players into four categories. Some of these factors considered for analysis are financial performance over the last 3 years, growth strategies, innovation score, new product launches, investments, growth in market share etc.
- Lions: Represents companies with a strong foothold in the market, with the highest market share, large investments in technologies, new products.
- Bulls: Companies that are medium in size competing with their USPs, growing companies with proven market share.
- Rabbits: Small companies but growing rapidly, constantly improving their offerings in the market
- Tortoise: Companies which are slow in growth, having a long legacy and stable or negative in performance
Why buy this report?
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the Global Antacids Market.
- The report includes in-depth qualitative analysis, verifiable data from authentic sources and projections about market size. The projections are calculated using proven research methodologies.
- The report has been compiled through extensive primary and secondary research. The primary research is done through interviews, surveys and observation of renowned personnel in the industry.
- The report includes an in-depth market analysis using Porter’s 5 force model and the Ansoff Matrix. The impact of Covid-19 on the market is also featured in the report.
- The report also contains the competitive analysis using Competitive Quadrant, the analyst's proprietary competitive positioning tool.
- A complete analysis of the market including parent industry
- Important market dynamics and trends
- Market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market based on value and volume
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
1 Report Description
1.1 Study Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.4 Years Considered
1.6 Key Shareholders
2 Research Methodology
2.1 Research Process
2.2 Data Collection and Validation
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.3 Market Size Estimation
2.4 Assumptions of the Study
2.5 Limitations of the Study
3 Executive Summary
4 Market Overview
4.2 Market Dynamics
5 Market Analysis
5.1 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.2 Impact of COVID-19
5.3 Ansoff Matrix Analysis
6 Global Antacids Market, By Drug Class
6.2 Proton Pump Inhibitor
6.3 H2 Antagonist
6.4 Acid Neutralizers
7 Global Antacids Market, By Formulation
8 Global Antacids Market, By Distribution Channel
8.2 Hospital Pharmacies
8.3 Retail Pharmacies
8.4 Online Pharmacies
9 Global Antacids Market, By Geography
9.2 North America
9.3 South America
9.4.5 Rest of Europe
9.5.5 Rest of APAC
9.6 Middle East and Africa
10 Competitive Landscape
10.1 Competitive Quadrant
10.2 Market Share Analysis
10.3 Competitive Scenario
10.3.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
10.3.2 Agreements, Collaborations, & Partnerships
10.3.3 New Product Launches & Enhancements
10.3.4 Investments & Fundings
11 Company Profiles
11.1 Wellspring Pharm
11.2 Private Lable
11.3 Johnson & Johnson
11.4 Novartis Consumer Health
11.5 Boehringer Ingelheim Pharm
11.7 Procter & Gamble
11.8 First Aid Only
11.10 Bayer AG
11.11 Dr Reddy’s Laboratories
11.12 Reckitt Benckiser Group plc
11.14 Sun Pharmaceuticals
11.15 Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Wellspring Pharm
- Private Lable
- Johnson & Johnson
- Novartis Consumer Health
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharm
- Procter & Gamble
- First Aid Only
- Bayer AG
- Dr Reddy’s Laboratories
- Reckitt Benckiser Group plc
- Sun Pharmaceuticals
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited