Supply chain management in consumer packaged goods is the management of the procurement of raw materials, through to the manufacture and distribution of finished goods. From end-to-end of this process in any business there are multiple touch points and processes to ensure everything is managed smoothly and safely. The role of improving supply chain management in most organizations is to optimize efficiencies and maximize cost-effectiveness.
- Due to the broad nature of supply chain management, the planning landscape can often be quite fragmented with several different inputs and variables. Therefore, new ways of managing supply chains, often utilizing technology can be of great benefit to FMCG companies.
- Automating systems and using artificial intelligence (AI) in supply chain processes can mean that there is less time spent on server administration and more time spent on planning, which helps keep focus on core and strategic business functions and also reduce the margin for errors.
- In a global context of changing consumer behaviors and values, effective supply chain management can also aid distribution and the flow of information. Linked with this is also the topic of sustainability which consumers are demanding more transparency on and supply chains need to adapt in order to manage such things as waste reduction.
Reasons to Buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding supply chain management issues and technologies affecting and shaping specific consumer goods sectors and different areas of the consumer goods value chain.
- Support your internal business case for investment in supply chain management by including an independent view of how you rank against competitors in a key technological theme that will disrupt the consumer goods industry within the next 1-3 years.
- Identify key players in supply chain management in the consumer goods industry for potential partnerships or acquisition, based on their areas of expertise.
- If you are a consumer goods company, you can review the competitive landscape and analyze the performance of various competitors, identifying your weaknesses and informing your business development areas.
Table of Contents
- Executive summary
- Consumer attitudes
- Impact of COVID-19
- Value chain
- Further reading
- Our thematic research methodology
- About the Publisher
- Contact Us
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Kraft Heinz