Explore all aspects of employee compensation and benefits with The Tools & Techniques of Employee Benefit and Retirement Planning. This must-have resource provides real-world examples of compensation options, healthcare, life insurance strategies, and fringe benefits to help you understand the important and sometimes unexpected consequences of different planning approaches. Each approach is explained in clear, easy-to-understand language that takes you through the legal and regulatory requirements for instituting and maintaining benefits while also explaining the tax consequences of different approaches. This comprehensive resource:
- Describes all aspects of employee benefits planning,
- Contains detailed discussions surrounding the relevant planning considerations, regulatory requirements, and tax consequences for each topic,
- Includes benefits that can be used for all types of employees, including full- and part-time employees, entry- and mid-level employees, temporary employees, and executives,
- Explains both qualified and unqualified benefits,
- Outlines both immediate and deferred compensation strategies, and
- Describes important regulatory and tax considerations for employee benefits such as healthcare, employer-provided life insurance, and retirement plans.
For those looking to learn more on employee benefits and retirement planning, this book additionally provides detailed source material references to serve as jumping-off points for conducting deeper research.
New in the 17th Edition:
- A new chapter on COVID-19 related tax changes for employee benefit plans
- Updates resulting from the SECURE Act
- Employee retention credit under the CARES Act
- New details on use and rollover of medical and dependent care FSA plans
- Updated ERISA compliance and reporting requirements, including Form 5500 information
- Updated tax information, including the new 2021 COVID-19 stimulus and CAA bills
- Cash and equity compensation
- Deferred compensation, including qualified retirement plans
- Health insurance planning
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance for employees, owners, and officers
- Employee benefit ethics and compliance issues
- Defined contribution and defined benefit plans
- And more! See the “Table of Contents” section for a full list of topics
As with all the resources in the highly acclaimed Leimberg Library, every area covered in this book is accompanied by the tools, techniques, practice tips, and examples you can use to help your clients successfully navigate the complex course of employee benefit and retirement planning and confidently meet their needs.