This course gives you all the knowledge, confidence and skills to effectively recruit and select the best candidates for your vacancy. It gives you up-to-date legislation affecting the recruitment process and gives you an understanding of how employment law, equality and diversity apply to each part of finding the right candidate. In 2 days you gain a logical understanding of the step by step process from pre-recruitment right up to induction methods and retainment of staff
Two-day course outline
- An understanding of legislation that affects the recruitment process
- How to write a job description and job specification
- What to write in a job advert and which ones gain the most success
- Do’s and don’t in terms of advertising jobs
- Develop excellent interview methods and understand the value of criteria-based interviewing.
- Gain confidence in communication skills to make all your candidates feel at ease and give the best of themselves.
- Understand the importance of good documentation.
- Practice interview skills within a supportive environment.
- After hiring, understanding the induction process and what needs to be covered.
- How to retain staff with the help of a great induction process and development plan.
- Enhanced understanding of employment legislation that affects recruitment
- Increased awareness of what should and should not be included in a job description and job advert
- An ability to ask fair questions based on solid criteria that shows the candidate can do the job required
- Confidence in conducting a supportive interview that identifies the skills required to do the job.
- Enhanced skills to write an effective and supportive induction programme.
- Great understanding of each part of the recruitment process and the ability to perform it confidently and successfully.
09:30 - 10:00 Coffee & Course objectives. The Recruitment Process step by step.
10:00 - 11.00 How employment legislation impacts on every part of the recruitment process and the impacts of getting it wrong.
11:00 - 12.30 Job descriptions and job specifications. Deciding on criteria.
12.30 - 13.30 Lunch break
13.30 - 14.30 Job adverts. Defining the right candidate for the job and ensuring no discriminatory language is use. Do’s and don’ts.
14.30 - 15.30 Short-listing candidates, scoring applicants and avoiding bias.
15.30 - 16.30 The importance of interview preparation. Choose the right questions and delivery.
0930 - 10.00 Summary of Day 1 learning
10.00 - 11.00 How to be a great communicator during the interview. Listening and questioning skills.
11.00 - 12.30 Let’s practice through relevant role play
12.30 - 13.30 Lunch break
13.30 - 14.30 You’ve hired the best, now let’s keep them. Induction process
14.30 - 15.30 Writing a developmental induction.
15.30 - 16.30 Retention of staff. Effective methods. What will you do differently?