Most organisations, whether they are in the private or public sector, undertake a certain amount of project work in their business. These projects may be quite short-term or operating over a long period. They may be for internal use or client-specific. This course is designed specifically for those who are required to undertake projects as part, or all, of their job role.
The course provides an overview of the techniques required to set up, manage and monitor projects.
The content is delivered in a business-orientated way enabling you, if you wish, to develop a current project from work and develop it during the day.
During the day you will enhance your understanding of the needs of pre-project research and look at the key aspects of planning which will make a project successful. You will identify the constraints which face project managers and discover ways in which these can be overcome. Also detailed are project planning methodologies, best ways to schedule and deliver a project along with reporting and control methods.
This Project Management course is available throughout the UK.
CPD Value 5.5 Hours
- The ability to develop a greater awareness of the techniques which enable successful projects
- An improved understanding of your own strengths and improvement areas
- A greater awareness of pre-project planning, how the project fits into the overall organisation objectives
- A greater ability to successfully plan, deliver and monitor the progress of projects
- The opportunity to develop a current project while undertaking the training
- An increase in confidence in delivering projects
09:30 - 10:00 Coffee & Course Objectives
10:00 - 10:30 Definition of a Project
(identifying projects; pre-project research; basic terminology; people involved; liaising)
10:30 - 11:00 Identification of Project Management Techniques
(key elements of successful projects; what tools and techniques are used; importance of good communications; the challenges)
11:00 - 11:15 Coffee
11:15 - 12:30 Planning and Preparation of Projects
(identifying customer/client needs; aim and objectives and outcomes of the project; boundaries and limitations; resources and timescales; organisation, resources and management; basic risk analysis; key skills and personnel; the budget; developing the team)
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch Break
13:30 - 15:00 Scheduling and Delivering the Project
(detailed work plan; key milestones; time/resource estimating; task sequencing; start and stop time; contingency and reporting time; Gantt Chart, Critical Path Analysis; case study)
15:00 - 15:15 Tea
15:15 - 16:00 Reporting and Control
(programme evaluation; review techniques; breakdown and errors; change management; action planning for revision; use of contingencies; winding down; handing over)
16:00 - 16:30 Summary & Action Plans Agreed
The trainer was fantastic adapting to our needs in all cases. the course was very practical.
- Victoria Tasker, National Space Centre
Excellent training day.
- Tracy Marney, Ingram Micro UK Ltd
Well informed and approachable facilitator.
- Sarah McKarry, Vice Principal, Clacton County High School
I really enjoyed the course, Peter was brilliant and very engaging.
- Tanya Mason-Hawes, S.A.Brain & Co Ltd
Really impressed with how engaing the course was and also how much it could be tailored to each person. really helped me to get started on my project.
- Etienne Carr, S.A.Brain & Co Ltd
Great course, lots to think about!
- Amanda Muchandt, Fuchs Lubricants
Very enlightening and have no doubt will be of great use back in the office.
- Aled Powell, RedArc
Fantastic! Thorough and tailored. Very useful.
- Judith Liddle, Edinburgh Printmakers
The course was excellent and the exercises were amazing to understand all concepts of project management.
- Ramya Rajendran, Akka Aeroconseil UK
Excellent trainer. Very knowlegeable and able to keep everybody's attention.
- Sean Carter, Hutton Construction Ltd
Has given me confidence to speak to staff and engage them more as a team instead of individually.
- Natalie Ward, Leeds Innovation Centre
Excellent course content tailored to our needs. Perfectly delivered (as ever) by Tracey.
- Mark Knight, Leeds Innovation Centre
I really like PTP's style of trainers that are experienced flexible & not patronising - they stand out from other training providers for sure.
- Frankie Lampl, BravoSolution UK Ltd
Great class size. Loved the varying fields. Brilliant training delivery and explanations.
- Jodey Dean, Flight Centre
One of the best courses I have attended. Excellent tutor.
- Jenny Boulton, South West Commissioning Support Unit
Thought the course was well structured and delivered brilliantly.
- Deepa Lalji, Lastminute.com
- Joan Bryant, BT
Very useful and informative. Was particularly useful to do some work on the project I am involved with and have the 1-2-1 support.
- Jennifer Bartlett, Calderstone NHS Trust
I found the course to be very informative and enabled me to have a more detailed insight into the aspects of delivering a successful project.
- John Willocks, Esure
Very well presented.
- Anthony Parrott, Lastminute.com
Enjoyable and I feel it will be of great benefit.
- John Wiley, European Finance House
Very useful course - excellent trainer.
- Adrian Cairns, Easy Jet
Fantastic, well delivered, clear and thought inspiring.
- Eleanor McDonald, NEAMS
Very enjoyable course with a very helpful trainer!
- Beth Howse, Dovetail Services
Very well presented - gained a lot.
- Jo Ward, Dovetail Services
Excellent course & extremely well presented.
- James Black, Chase de Vere
Excellent course, great presenter & very useful tips.
- Kevin Boniface, Sustain
Very dynamic & engaging course. Managed to combine the technical aspects of the learning with fun practical activities
- Katie Gent, Sustain
Very good course & very well presented.
- Oliver Marshall, Sustain Ltd
Easy to understand and very clear.
- Annamaria Celozzi, Lastminute.com
Excellent presentation, good knowledge & excellent experience.
- Sung Kim, Nice Group Ltd
- John Turner, BT
Excellent course, really enjoyed it.
- Nick Cameron, LMB Microdata
Very interesting course, very useful.
- Tom Adams, VIP Computers
Course was well presented, lively, good interaction.
- Gavin Daisley, AkzoNobel