Drug and device development is a complex process which needs effective project management. With ever-increasing pressures in the industry, the use of project management can provide essential tools and techniques and be a key factor in the successful completion of bringing a drug or medical device to market – as demonstrated by the FDA critical path initiative.
This interactive two-day course has been designed to provide you with a thorough understanding of both technical and interpersonal project management skills. You will be provided with an integrated project tool kit which can easily be used to improve the success of existing or future projects.
The programme will include a number of sessions where you will be able to apply some of the techniques to a simulated pharmaceutical case study as well as your own projects. You are therefore encouraged to bring a real project you are currently involved in or will be working on to which you can apply some of the concepts and techniques. There is no need to disclose any confidential information about your project.
Benefits of attending:
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of technical project management methodologies and techniques to apply to pharma/bio projects, including agile project management
- Learn how to incorporate these project management processes into everyday working practices and your current projects
- Understand how to blend together both the technical aspects of project management and the essential interpersonal skills
- Discover how to build core competencies to become an even more effective project manager
- Discuss how to get the best results in a project team environment
Aims and objectives
The objective of this course is to ensure you gain a comprehensive understanding of the tools and techniques of project management and discover how they can be applied straight away to your own pharma/bio or medical device projects. The programme has been specially designed to ensure that you:
- Understand technical project management tools and techniques and can apply these to your work
- Examine the competencies appropriate for an effective project manager
- Identify the project critical path and use this information to assist in planning decisions
- Gain a better understanding of the essential personal skills which are necessary to achieve project objectives
Dr Laura Brown,
Pharmaceutical QA and Training Consultant ,
University of Cardiff
Dr Laura Brown MBA, BSc,PhD, is a Pharmaceutical QA and Training Consultant, Course Director for the MSc in Clinical Research, School of Pharmacy at the University of Cardiff. She has more than 20 years’ experience of quality assurance in the pharmaceutical industry and has worked for several companies, including GSKs Hoechst Marion Roussel, Farmitalia and Phoenix International. She has a particular expertise in quality assurance including risked based approaches to quality systems, data Integrity and project management in the pharmaceutical industry. She regularly writes on pharmaceutical regulatory issues including “The Planning of International Drug Development”, in the Clinical Research Manual, Euromed and the “Impact of Brexit”, RQA Journal 2017.
This course has been specifically designed to address the needs of pharma/bio professionals as well as those in the medical device and animal health industries.
The programme will benefit both newly appointed and established project team leaders/managers wishing to refresh or update their skills.