This thematic research report takes an in-depth look at advanced materials in the packaging space and it also touches the retail, foodservice and FMCG sectors, and it presents related technology, consumer, macroeconomic, and regulatory trends. An industry analysis is also present, highlighting the market size and growth forecasts for advanced materials, key use cases, the impact of advanced materials in packaging, including the Covid-19 impact on the theme, and the mergers and acquisitions for this theme. The report also includes the value chains associated with advanced materials in packaging. Lastly, a company’s section is then set, outlining the packaging companies highly involved in the theme and the nature of their business.
- As progress in advanced materials continues amid a growing focus on recyclable materials, increased taxation, and rising bans on single-use plastics, materials such as PVC, LDPE, and HDPE will be less favorable options for packaging.
- Materials that are easier to recycle, bio-derived plastics, rPET and bespoke resins for 3D printing are expected see wider adoption over the coming years.
- Opportunities are certainly present for brands to substantially increase their share in the industry with well-placed mergers and acquisitions that play into a wider strategy that attracts eco-aware and convenience-seeking consumers. On top of this, regulatory bodies are putting pressure on other packaging companies to follow suit.
- Consumer goods packaging are incorporating advanced materials to bring more focus on towards key selling points that offer more than simply aesthetics, particularly with regards to household and beauty products.
- Minimized production, localized production, or even the transfer of packaging responsibility to the end consumer may can help reduce manufacturing costs and drive sales, thanks to the versatility of advanced materials.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the impact of the advanced materials in packaging on various FMCG industries, including food, drinks, and beauty and grooming, using key trends and examples to help companies understand how they can adapt and understand this theme.
- Discover ways that packaging companies are working alongside FMCG, foodservice and retail companies, to tap into the theme.
- The publisher’s thematic research ecosystem is a single, integrated global research platform that provides an easy-to-use framework for tracking all themes across all companies in all sectors. It has a proven track record of identifying the important themes early, enabling companies to make the right investments ahead of the competition, and secure that all-important competitive advantage.
Table of Contents
- Executive summary
- Industry analysis
- Value chain
- Sector scorecard
- Further reading
- Thematic research methodology
- About the Publisher
- Contact the Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Tetra Pak
- DS Smith
- Ball Corp
- Ardagh Group