The report uses data from the publisher’s Retail database showing the trends in the market and sectors by value. It also reveals the major retailers by market share in 2020 in each of the sectors. All data includes the impact COVID-19 has had on sales in 2020 (forecasted at the date of publication).
- The overall retail industry in India is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 11.4% between 2020 and 2025 to reach ₹ 116.3 bn.
- Food & Grocery is the dominating sector with ₹ 77,584 bn in 2020 but Other is the fastest growing sector, which will grow at 14.4% CAGR between 2020-2025 to reach ₹ 9,666 bn.
- Convenience stores (including independents) and gas stations is the leading channel, but duty free retail channel is expected to see the maximum growth during the forecast period, registering a CAGR of 29.9% between 2020-2025 to reach ₹ 124.8 bn.
- The India retail industry is dominated by mass market players
Reasons to Buy
- Gain a comprehensive view of the retail industry and forecasts to 2025
- Explore new opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand following the impact of COVID-19 on the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast trends in retail sectors to identify the opportunities offering the most potential
- Understand who the main competitors are in the sectors and their price positioning
Table of Contents
- The State of Retail
- Clothing, footwear & accessories
- Food & grocery
- Health & beauty
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Reliance Trends
- Raymond Shop
- Madura F&L
- John Players
- PantaloonsReliance Fresh
- Big basket
- More Supermarket
- Jio Mart
- Star Market
- Spencer's Hypermark