The emerging field of solid-state batteries (SSBs) will also be examined. Of the competing next-generation battery technologies, this is by far the most developed, with prototype deployment in light vehicles expected around 2024 by companies including Toyota, BMW and Foxconn. If and when a company decides to invest in SSBs rather than today’s advanced Li-ion cells could make or break its future EV strategy.
This report looks at the emerging trends in Electric Vehicle batteries within the automotive sector.
- Analysis of the players in the EV battery field - including established manufacturing giants and high-tech startups developing new chemistries.
- A full technology briefing on the intricacies of different battery approaches, including cell design, chemistry and pack layout.
- A breakdown of the key trends shaping the EV battery sector.
- Industrial analysis of the sector to help you understand the growth potential of EV batteries over time.
- Details of the battery value chain that supports the industry, running from raw materials mined from the ground, to cell construction, to full EV pack assembly.
- Full profiles of key battery companies, split by major battery producers and innovative startups.
- Research backed up by the publisher's unique thematic engine.
Who Should Buy?
- Executives in the automotive and adjacent industries who want to understand the themes disrupting their competitive landscape and how EVs and EV batteries affects these.
- Specialist vendors who want to identify market opportunities and competitor innovation.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
- This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our “thematic engine”.
- The publisher has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, the publisher’s thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats.
- To do this, the publisher tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in the publisher’s “thematic engine” help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors.
- Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Multi-Theme report, covering all stocks, all sectors and all themes, giving readers a strong sense of how everything fits together and how conflicting themes might interact with one another.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the growth potential for EV batteries over time.
- Formulate EV battery investment plans and understand the the competitive field of vendors.
- Identify the emerging trends in EV batteries and how these developments might advance in the future.
- Understand what innovative battery technology major players, leading vendors, and specialist vendors are investigating.
- Get ahead on EV adoption - the transition to electrification in the light vehicle market is fully underway. EV sales are expected to rapidly grow, which will bring with it an associated increase in demand for EV batteries.
Table of Contents
- Executive summary
- Technology briefing
- Industry analysis
- Value chain
- Sector scorecards
- Further reading
- Thematic research methodology
- About the Publisher
- Contact the Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- CBAK Energy
- LG Energy Solution
- Samsung SDI
- SK Innovation
- Imprint Energy
- Ionic Materials
- Prologium Technology
- Qing Tao Energy
- Sila Nanotechnologies
- Solid Power