The Global Topical Drug Delivery Market is estimated to be worth USD 95.6 Billion in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 124.9 Billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 5.5%.
The market is driven by factors such as the increasing prevalence of skin and eye diseases, high incidences of burn injuries, and the increasing prevalence of diabetes.
Higher preference for alternative modes of drug delivery is hindering market growth.
Delivery of biologics through the transdermal route and self-administration and home care are some of the opportunities for the market players to grow.
On the other hand, the technical barriers related to skin irritation and permeability and drug failures and product recalls are huge challenges in front of the industry.
The Global Topical Drug Delivery Market is segmented based on Product, Route of Administration, End-use and Geography.
- By Product, the market is classified into Semi-solid Formulations, Liquid Formulations, Solid Formulations and Transdermal Products. The semi-solid formulations contributes largest share of the market.
- By Route of Administration, the market is classified as Dermal Drug Delivery, Ophthalmic Drug Delivery, Rectal Drug Delivery, Vaginal Drug Delivery and Nasal Drug Delivery. The Dermal Drug Delivery contributes largest share of the market.
- By End-user, the market is classified as Homecare Settings, Hospitals & Clinics, Burn Centres and Other Facilities (academic & research institutes and diagnostic centres). The Homecare Settings contributes largest share of the market.
- By Geography, APAC is projected to lead the market.
- In 2019, Mylan launched its DICLOFENAC SODIUM Gel.
- In 2019, Nestlé Skin Health opened a new office in Malaysia to accelerate growth in the Southeast Asian market.
- In 2019, Crescita Therapeutics signed an out-licensing agreement with Cantabria labs for the sales and distribution of its topical Pliaglis formulation in Italy, Portugal, France, and Spain.
- In 2018, Bausch Healthcare expanded its manufacturing facility in Rochester (Ireland) in order to support and fulfill the demand of its topical eye health products.
Some of the companies covered in this report are Bausch Health Companies Inc., Bayer AG, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Cipla Inc., Crescita Therapeutics Inc., Galderma S.A., Glaxosmithkline, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical, Johnson & Johnson, Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc., etc.
The report includes the Competitive Quadrant, a proprietary tool to analyze and evaluate the position of companies based on their Industry Position score and Market Performance score. The tool uses various factors for categorizing the players into four categories. Some of these factors considered for analysis are financial performance over the last 3 years, growth strategies, innovation score, new product launches, investments, growth in market share, etc.
Why buy this report?
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the Global Topical Drug Delivery Market. The report includes in-depth qualitative analysis, verifiable data from authentic sources, and projections about market size. The projections are calculated using proven research methodologies.
The report has been compiled through extensive primary and secondary research. The primary research is done through interviews, surveys, and observation of renowned personnel within the industry.
The report includes in-depth market analysis using Porter’s 5 force model and the Ansoff Matrix. The impact of COVID-19 on the market is also featured in the report.
The report also contains the competitive analysis using the Competitive Quadrant, the analyst's proprietary competitive positioning tool.
- A complete analysis of the market, including parent industry
- Important market dynamics and trends
- Market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market based on value and volume
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
1.1 Study Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.4 Years Considered
1.6 Key Shareholders
2 Research Methodology
2.1 Research Process
2.2 Data Collection and Validation
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.3 Market Size Estimation
2.4 Assumptions of the Study
2.5 Limitations of the Study
3 Executive Summary
4 Market Overview
4.2 Market Dynamics
184.108.40.206 High prevalence of skin diseases
220.127.116.11 Rising prevalence of eye diseases
18.104.22.168 High incidence of burn injuries
22.214.171.124 Growing prevalence of diabetes
126.96.36.199 Preference for alternative modes of drug delivery
188.8.131.52 Delivery of biologics through the transdermal route
184.108.40.206 Self-administration and home care
220.127.116.11 Technical barriers related to skin irritation and permeability
18.104.22.168 Drug failures and product recalls
5 Market Analysis
5.1 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.2 Impact of COVID-19
5.3 Ansoff Matrix Analysis
6 Global Topical Drug Delivery Market, By Product
6.2 Semi-solid Formulations
6.3 Liquid Formulations
6.4 Solid Formulations
6.5 Transdermal Products
6.5.1 Transdermal Patches
6.5.2 Transdermal Semi-solids
7 Global Topical Drug Delivery Market, By Route of Administration
7.2 Dermal Drug Delivery
7.3 Ophthalmic Drug Delivery
7.4 Rectal Drug Delivery
7.5 Vaginal Drug Delivery
7.6 Nasal Drug Delivery
8 Global Topical Drug Delivery Market, By End User
8.2 Homecare Settings
8.3 Hospitals & Clinics
8.4 Burn Centres
9 Global Topical Drug Delivery Market, By Geography
9.2 North America
9.3 South America
9.4.6 Rest of Europe
9.5.6 South Korea
9.5.9 Rest of APAC
9.6 Rest of the World
9.6.2 Saudi Arabia
9.6.3 South Africa
9.6.4 United Arab Emirates
9.6.5 Latin America
10 Competitive Landscape
10.1 Competitive Quadrant
10.2 Market Share Analysis
10.3 Competitive Scenario
10.3.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
10.3.2 Agreement, Collaborations, & Partnerships
10.3.3 New Product Launches & Enhancements
10.3.4 Investments & Funding
11 Company Profiles
11.1 Absorption Systems LLC
11.2 Bausch Health Companies Inc.,
11.3 Bayer AG
11.4 Bristol-Myers Squibb
11.5 Cipla Ltd.
11.6 Crescita Therapeutics Inc.
11.7 Galderma S.A.
11.9 Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
11.10 Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical
11.11 Ingenus Pharmaceuticals
11.12 Jenssen Global Services
11.13 Johnson & Johnson,
11.15 Lead Chemicals Co., Inc.
11.16 Lohmann Therapie-Systeme AG
11.17 Lubrizol Corporation
11.18 MedPharm Group Ltd
11.19 Merck & Co.
11.20 Mylan N.V.
11.21 Nestle SA
11.22 Novartis AG
11.23 Pocono Coated Products LLC
11.24 Purdue Pharma L.P.
11.25 Skinvisible Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
11.26 Sun Pharmaceuticals
11.27 Teva Pharmaceuticals
11.28 Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
- Absorption Systems LLC
- Bausch Health Companies Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Cipla Ltd.
- Crescita Therapeutics Inc.
- Galderma S.A.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical
- Ingenus Pharmaceuticals
- Jenssen Global Services
- Johnson & Johnso.
- Lead Chemicals Co. Inc.
- Lohmann Therapie-Systeme AG
- Lubrizol Corporation
- MedPharm Group Ltd
- Merck & Co.
- Mylan N.V.
- Nestle SA
- Novartis AG
- Pocono Coated Products LLC
- Purdue Pharma L.P.
- Skinvisible Pharmaceutical. Inc.
- Sun Pharmaceuticals
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals Internationa. Inc.