Aircraft are becoming increasingly reliant (almost 100%) on computing and networking technologies, with the advent of the Internet of things (IoT) this makes them vulnerable to cyber-attacks. This multidisciplinary book is at the cross section of Aircraft Systems, cybersecurity, and defence technologies. It covers the very latest in defending (mainly military - but also commercial) aircraft against cyber-attacks.
The interdisciplinary nature of aviation cybersecurity and its wide-ranging impact in various arenas require contributions of expertise from multiple disciplines to collaborate in identifying the most feasible ways forward. This book will refine understanding of the key technical, social and legal issues at stake, explain the range of technical issues involved in aviation cybersecurity, and promote innovative solutions to critical challenges in aviation cybersecurity.
- Chapter 2: Formal verification of safety-critical embedded systems using SPARK
- Chapter 3: Drone Surveillance System - RF/WiFi based Drone Detection, Localization & Tracking: A Survey
- Chapter 4: Cybersecurity for the L-band Digital Aeronautical Communications System (LDACS)
- Chapter 5: Using Terrestrial Ranging to Monitor GNSS for Targeted RF Interference
- Chapter 6: Security Risk Assessments and Countermeasures for Future Aeronautical Communication Network Architecture
- Chapter 7: Physical Layer Security in Wireless HetNets Avionics and Satellite Communication Systems
- Chapter 8: Cybersecurity and Privacy issues
- Chapter 9: Workforce Training and development in Cybersecurity