There are many considerations in accounting for international operations. From financial accounting to treasury, to tax, to operations, to fraud and internal controls, this conference will delve into the key issues. You’ll hear from your colleagues in industry and experts from the Big Four.
- Understand the latest regulatory/best practice changes in key areas
- Explore the practical considerations related to hedging
- Begin to assess the effects of the latest accounting standards and rule changes
This event will run approximately 8:45-5p (PDT) each day.
Agenda: DAY 1
8:45 - 10:30
- Expanding Internationally: Accounting Considerations
- Entity Structure
- Internal Controls
- Regulatory Considerations
- Cash Flow Implications
- Growth Opportunities
10:30 - 10:45
10:45 - 12:15
- Taking Treasury Across Borders
- Market trends and insights
- challenges for treasury
- Tools and strategies to manage international operations
- Treasury centralization
12:15 - 1:00
1:00 - 2:25
- Expanding Globally: How to Stay Compliant While Managing Your International Team
- How should companies conduct a market analysis to determine the right location?
- What are the biggest compliance challenges when growing internationally?
- How does internal infrastructure need to change to support an international team?
- How is Covide-19 impacting international expansion?
2:25 - 2:35
2:35 - 3:45
- Attack Trends: Cybersecurity
- How Attackers Are Getting In
- Types of Attacks
- Detection Methods
3:45 - 3:50
3:50 - 5:20
- Fraud and FCPA Update
- How much insight do you have into local business practices and culture of the market
- How confident are you in your company's ability to manage compliance and integrity-related risks in your international operations?
- How effective are your policies relating to your vendors?
- Does your company have exposure to interactions with government officials?
- Is there potential that payments are being made to expedite shipments, reduce duties or taxes?
- How does your company determine if there are ethical concerns including conflicts of interest, bankruptcy, money laundering, bribery especially in emerging markets?
Agenda: DAY 2
8:45 - 10:15
- IFRS Update
- IFRS developments including exposure drafts, standards and interpretations
10:15 - 10:30
10:30 - 12:00
- Shared Service Centers
- What functions can be performed
- Most common elements
- Trends, success stories and pitfalls
- HR Issues in International Expansion
- Local laws
- Cultural differences and norms cause professional misunderstandings
- Creating an international human connection
- COVID issues
12:00 - 1:00
1:00 - 2:30
- Reference Rate Reform (ASC 848), Currency Accounting Risks (ASC 830) and Hedging Currency Risk (ASC 815): How are You Impacted
- ASC 830
- Hedge Accounting Update
- SOFR & 848
2:30 - 2:45
2:45 - 4:15
- Navigating the Uncertainties of International Tax and Transfer Pricing
- Going Global Tax Concepts including Permanent Establishment, Withholding Tax, VAT, Goods and Service Tax, Foreign Branch, Controlled Foreign Corporation
- US Tax Recent Guidance
- Transfer Pricing and Europe Update including Digital Services Tax, Digital Economy - OECD Proposals, Anti-Tax Avoidance Directive
- Lakshmi Garg Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory, Managing Director
- Helen Kane Hedgertrackers, President and Founder
- Ryan Harper KPMG, Director, Shared Services and Outsourcing
- Derek Drysdale Tanner LLC, International Tax Partner
- Spencer Bethmann KPMG, Director, HR & Digital Transformation
- Bob Cahill Globalization Partners, CFO
- Diane Albano Globalization Partners, Chief Revenue Officer
- Aleks Zabreyko Connor Group, Partner and EITF & FinREC member
- Nadia Arif Ernst & Young, Manager
- Jamie Tolles Ernst & Young, Senior Manager - Cybersecurity