Cannabis, cannabis resin, extracts and tinctures are listed in the Chinese catalogue of narcotic drugs and psychotropic drugs, meaning they cannot be imported for commercial purposes or purchased from overseas by consumers.
While the Customs Order No.43 explicitly prohibits cannabis entry to China, these substances could still qualify for a narcotic and psychotropic drugs import and export permit. According to the application guidance, the import licence can only be approved for medical and scientific purposes.
Find out more about import and export in this report.
4 CBD isolate
5 Full/broad-spectrum extracts
6 Finished products
7 Relevant laws
8 Relevant bodies
- Consumer and market participant (manufacturer/brand) surveys.
- Consolidation of publicly available information.
- Legal tracking through legal database checking and sourcing information from government regulators and other law-making bodies.
- Pricing and product information from online and offline retail data gathering, including local fieldwork teams.
- Findings from key industry events and interviews with leading market players and opinion leaders.
- Partnerships with leading research agencies.
- Quantitative and qualitative research and client collaborations.
- Cross-referenced data between markets.
- Tamarind Media proprietary market model.
Please note that each report has its own methodology, so you should always refer to the methodology applied in the report you purchase.