Iraq is anticipated to invest defense expenditure of US$34.4 billion cumulatively over the forecast period, compared to the US$32.9 billion spent during 2017-2021. Expenditure is anticipated to focus more on the procurement of equipment, to augment air defense capabilities and enhance the operational capabilities of the current fleet of naval vessels, and better communication and surveillance systems. Cumulative expenditure on the procurement of advanced military hardware is projected to stand at US$9.8 billion over the next five years.
This report offers detailed analysis of the Iraqi defense market with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
- The ongoing instability in the region, security threat from IS (Islamic State) coupled with civil unrest in the country has compelled Iraq's Ministry of Defense to modernize its armed forces. Iraq's key focus is on the development of land and air capabilities.
- Attractive sectors in Iraq's defense market are military infrastructure and logistics, missiles & missile defense systems, military rotorcraft and military land vehicles.
Who Should Buy
- Defence Startup's, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Defence Planners, Aerospace and Defence Integrators, Venture Capital Firms, Government Agencies, Head of Marketing, Head of Sales, CEOs and Senior Executives.
- The concerned stakeholders can utilize the report to identify high growth segments and customize their offerings to match the project requirements.
- The Venture Capital Firms can utilize the project details, growth rate, and market size to identify and fund high potential startups.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- The Iraqi defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of Iraq's defense industry during 2022-2026, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry. It also provides a snapshot of the country’s expenditure and modernization patterns.
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to capital expenditure and revenue expenditure. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country.
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years.
- Market opportunities:list of the top ten defense investment opportunities over the next 5 years.
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the Iraqi defense industry.
Reasons to Buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the Iraq defense market over the next five years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different defense and internal security segments in the Iraqi market and identify the opportunities offered.
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, market trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major threats that are driving the Iraqi defense market providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the Iraq government
- Make correct business decisions based on in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape consisting of detailed profiles of the top defense equipment providers in the country.
- The company profiles also includes information about the key products, alliances, recent contract awarded, and financial analysis, wherever available
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Defense Budget Assessment
- Budgeting Process
- Defense Market Size Historical And Forecast
- Drivers Of Defense Expenditure
- Analysis Of Defense Budget Allocation
- Military Doctrine And Security Environment
- Military Doctrine And Strategy
- Primary Threat Perception
- Political And Strategic Alliances
- Geopolitical Social And Economic Scenario
- Market Entry Strategy And Regulations
- Procurement Policy And Process
- Market Regulations
- Market Entry Route
- Key Challenges
- Major M&A, Financing and Partnerships of Iraqi Defense Market
- Market Attractiveness And Emerging Opportunities
- Market Attractiveness, 2020 2025
- Top Defense Segments By Value
- Import And Export Market Dynamics
- Import Market Dynamics
- Defense Platform Acquisitions
- Defense Platform Acquisitions By Value
- F 16V
- Development of Anti radiation UAV
- Diesel Electric Submarines
- T 5 Brave Eagle
- Patrol Vessel Development Project
- Fleet Size
- Competitive Landscape
- Defense Companies Operating In Iraq
- Main Defense Companies
- Macroeconomic Indicators
- About This Report
- About Us
- Contact the Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC)
- Textron Inc
- Navistar International