BT, Singtel and Vodafone each have programmes that offer small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) more than just telecoms services. These operators provide digital skills training for SMEs, as well as advice regarding cyber security and employee health and wellness. This report explores what these operators are doing, and why.
This report provides:
- an examination of how three operators (BT, Singtel and Vodafone) are addressing SMEs’ challenges related to digital transformation
- summaries of each of these operators’ SME programmes and schemes
- explanations of how these operators provide digital skills training for SMEs and their employees, as well as advice regarding cyber security and employee health/wellness
- details of each of the operators’ financial support offerings for SMEs
- perspectives from the operators on how effective their SME programmes are
- recommendations on how to launch programmes that are targeted towards SMEs.
About the Authors
Senior Analyst - Research
Eileen is a senior analyst in Analysys Mason's Operator Business Services and IoT research team. She has more than 25 years of experience in IT market research, with a focus on SMB IT and communications research services. Eileen oversees the primary research and analysis process that informs many Analysys Mason programmes including the SME Strategies programme. She is also involved in custom research projects for leading IT vendors such as Cisco, Dell, HP, Intel and Microsoft.
Prior to joining Analysys Mason, Eileen held roles at AMI-Partners (acquired by Analysys Mason) and IDC/LINK, a leading consulting and research firm focused on PCs, telecoms and consumer electronics, where she authored a number of research reports on small business computing and multimedia.
Eileen holds an MBA in finance as well as a Bachelor of Arts in liberal arts from Hofstra University.
Operator Business Service and IoT
Tom Rebbeck leads Analysys Mason’s Operator Business Services and IoT research practice drawing on more than 18 years of experience in the telecoms sector. He is based in our London office, but works for clients worldwide.
Tom is a specialist on the Internet of Things (IoT) and other enterprise services and has written widely on the role for operators as telecoms markets develop. As well as published research, he has worked on projects for a range of clients – including operators, regulators, industry bodies and vendors. Many of these projects have been supported by original research, such as expert interviews and customer surveys.
He rejoined Analysys Mason from Telefónica, where he was a Global Project Manager in the Mobile Data Group. In this role, Tom was involved in the launch of a number of services across Telefónica’s worldwide footprint, including Telefónica-branded apps, application stores and mobile advertising. Prior to this, he was a Principal Analyst for Analysys Mason, involved in numerous strategic projects for clients.