Report Description & Details - Excel Sheet Deliverable
This HospeTrack is the largest database of hospital level medical equipment installed base data, currently available on the market.
It covers 48 countries with more added each quarter. The data is run through an update cycle each year.
The Philippines Total Hospital & Medical IB Mapping report was updated in 2021 and includes over 2,000 hospitals and imaging centers from the country with their health infrastructure detailed out.
1. Visualize and Map the Total Installed Base of the Country by Hospital
- Monitoring & Access: ECG Machines, Holter monitors, Patient monitors, Ventilators, Anesthesia machines, Stress Testing Machines
- Surgical: C-Arms
- Cardio: Echocardiography, Cath Labs
- Diagnostic Imaging: PET-CT, SPECT, CT Scanners, MRI Scanners, Ultrasound, X-Ray Machines, Mammography machines
- Infant Care: Incubators, Radiant Warmers, Fetal monitors, Phototherapy Units, Infant Ventilators
- Renal: Dialysis Machine
- Radiation Therapy: LINAC
- Hospital IT: PACS, EMR
2. Generate Targeted Leads Based on Current Care Area Focus of a Hospital
- 13 care areas tracked for each hospital
- General Medicine, Gyn/Obs, Neurology, Internal Medicine, ER/Trauma, Pulmonology, GI, Cardiology, Oncology, Radiology, Nephrology, Ortho and Nuclear Medicine included in the report
3. Visualize the Current Health Resource Status of a Hospital
- Total number of doctors by hospital
- Total number of Radiologists by hospital
- Total number of Cardiologists by hospital
- Total number of internal medicine physicians by hospital
- Surgeons, neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons by hospital
4. Comprehend Medical Services Potential Using Bed and Operating Rooms Data
- Total bed size of a hospital
- Number of ICU beds by hospital
- Number of NICU, PICU beds by hospital
- Number of Major and Minor Operating Rooms available per hospital
- Total number of outpatient visits per hospital where available
- Total number of inpatient visits per hospital where available
5. Understand and Identify Types of Hospitals
- Hospitals by ownership type - public and private
- Assess and differentiate based on size of hospital - Level 3 hospitals, Level 2 hospitals, Level 1 hospitals and Imaging centers
- Chart and map based on level of care - Primary, secondary and tertiary care
6. Create Opportunity Heat Maps
- 2,028 hospitals and Imaging centers in Philippines listed by city, region, latitude and longitude and Zip Code
- Contact numbers available for 80% of the hospitals
- Website links mentioned for hospital where available
7. Estimate Market Potential of Equipment in the Country
The information provided in the HospeTrack spreadsheet is designed to provide intelligence on hospitals in Philippines. Information provided in the spreadsheet includes details on hospital demographic, care areas, installed base of equipment, skilled resource strength, patient flow and contact details. The spreadsheet is neither intended to provide any personal information of the patients nor provide diagnosis or treatment on diseases to the users.
The information in the report is predominantly gathered through secondary sources along with 5% of the hospital data being gathered through primary research surveys. Secondary sources of hospital information include:
- Ministry of Health (MoH)
- Hospital website
- Official social media handles (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc.)
- News aggregators
- Official press releases
- Open data sources
- Scientific research publications
- Hospitals/Doctors discovery portals
- Care area specific associations
- Quality control reports
The publisher has attempted to provide users with utmost accuracy in terms of hospital demographics and installed base data. However, given the dynamic nature of hospital business (including installation of medical devices, addition of resources and capabilities), the publisher cannot guarantee the granular accuracy of the information in the HospeTrack spreadsheet.
Limitation of Liability:
In no event, the publisher is liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of the spreadsheet, any hyperlinks provided in the spreadsheet, or the information contained in the comments of the spreadsheet.
Table of Contents
- Introduction and guidance to HospeTrack Hospital Intelligence Data. Page allows user to access other sections in the Excel report.
- Provides brief methodology of research along with extensive detail around total coverage of hospitals in Philippines, by type of hospital. Also provides detail on customer segmentation.
- Figure 1: Percentage Coverage for all the Public and Private Hospitals in Philippines, 2021.
- Table 1: Hospital/Customer Segmentation in Philippines, by Type of Hospital, by Level of Care and Size of Universe, 2021
3.2 Total number of hospital beds in Philippines
3.3 Key hospital and installed base summary in Philippines
- Fig 2. Total Hospitals in Philippines by Ownership Type, 2021
- Fig 3. Total Care Areas or Hospital Departments in Philippines, 2021
- Fig 4. Patient Monitoring IB Summary in Philippines, 2021
- Fig 5. Hospital Distribution in Philippines, 2021
- Fig 6. Total Hospitals in Philippines by Type of Hospital, 2021
- Fig 7. Total Hospitals in Philippines by Bed Size, 2021
- Fig 8. Total Core Installed Base Summary in Philippines, 2021
- Fig 9. Installed Base Penetration in Philippines, Critical Care, 2021
- Fig 10. Installed Base Penetration in Philippines, Incubators, 2021
- Fig 11. Installed Base Penetration in Philippines, Radiant Warmers, 2021
- Fig 12. Installed Base Penetration in Philippines, Fetal Monitors, 2021
- Fig 13. Installed Base Penetration in Philippines, Phototherapy Units, 2021
- Fig 14. Installed Base Penetration in Philippines, Infant Ventilators, 2021
- Fig 15. Installed Base Penetration in Philippines, Anesthesia Machines, 2021
- Fig 16. Installed Base Penetration in Philippines, C-Arms, 2021
- Fig 17. Installed Base Penetration in Philippines, ECG Machines, 2021
- Fig 18. Installed Base Penetration in Philippines, Holter Monitors, 2021
- Fig 19. Installed Base Penetration in Philippines, Stress Test Machines, 2021
- Fig 20. Installed Base Penetration in Philippines, Echocardiography Units, 2021
- Fig 21. Installed Base Penetration in Philippines, Cath Labs, 2021
- Fig 22. Installed Base Penetration in Philippines, PET/CT, 2021
- Fig 23. Installed Base Penetration in Philippines, SPECT, 2021
- Fig 24. Installed Base Penetration in Philippines, CT Scanners, 2021
- Fig 25. Installed Base Penetration in Philippines, MRI, 2021
- Fig 26. Installed Base Penetration in Philippines, Ultrasound, 2021
- Fig 27. Installed Base Penetration in Philippines, X-Ray, 2021
- Fig 28. Installed Base Penetration in Philippines, Mammography, 2021
- Fig 29. Installed Base Penetration in Philippines, Dialysis Machine, 2021
- Fig 30. Installed Base Penetration in Philippines, LINAC, 2021
- Provides a pivot chart to analyse data from the Installed base file. Allows users to identify and map account level statistics by care areas, type of ownership, by bed size, by level of care etc.
- Provides the raw data for all installed base equipment by account in Philippines. Each hospital contains ownership type, hospital type, level of care, departments and care services provided in the hospital, installed base counts for patient monitoring devices, critical care devices and diagnostic imaging. Worksheet also provides hospital demographics such as bed sizes, ICU bed sizes, NICU/PICU bed sizes, Operating Room counts, Total number pf physicians, specialists etc. GPS coordinates, zip codes, in-patient volumes, out-patient volumes and contact details of each hospital have also been provided.
Executive SummaryIncreased preterm birth complications to propel the neonatal care equipment market in the Philippines
As of 2021, there are 2,029 hospitals and imaging centers in the Philippines, with 1,600 in the private sector, and the remaining being public healthcare facilities. With over 350 tertiary care facilities, healthcare in the Philippines is consistent and well-equipped. Additionally, the government is working towards providing affordable and accessible healthcare to all residents through the universal health coverage system - PhilHealth. An allocation of approximately USD 1.3 billion for the health sector is allowing the up-gradation of medical infrastructure across the country. Such efforts have led to a gradual decrease in mortality rates in the Philippines, as well as an increase in life expectancy.
According to this new HospeTrack Hospital Intelligence for the Philippines, medical device market opportunities in the immediate term could be represented by the current pool of secondary care hospitals, where the demand for neonatal critical care equipment such as incubators, phototherapy units, and radiant warmers is on the rise. The country is facing a significant burden of neonatal mortality with 13.3 deaths per 1,000 live births. Preterm birth complications, intrapartum-related events, and sepsis account for about 70% of the total neonatal deaths in the Philippines. Although NICU facilities are available at Level 2 and Level 3 hospitals, the lack of sterilization of medical equipment continues to cause hospital-acquired infections, adding to neonatal deaths in the country. Lack of accessibility to skilled professionals as well as reliance on traditional beliefs continues to drive home births in the country, causing mortalities as a consequence of birth complications. Assisted birthing rates greatly vary between income groups - with about 40% deliveries in low-income groups being assisted and over 95% assisted deliveries in high-income groups.
As per the HospeTrack dataset, there are more than 2,500 NICU beds and 500+ incubators across the Philippines. However, only 10-20% of the NICU equipment is available at secondary care hospitals. With preterm births and low birth weight accounting for more than half of the neonatal deaths in the country, market opportunities are likely to grow in the neonatal critical care segment for medical device manufacturers in the coming years.
The report provides account-level directional detail on total beds, ICU beds, ORs, as well as installed base for various medical devices such as Ventilators, Incubators, Anesthesia Machines, Dialysis machines, C-Arms, Cath Labs, PET, SPECT, CT, MRI scanners, Ultrasound, X-Ray machines, Mammography machines, LINAC, PACS and EMR; making it the only source of hospital-level intelligence for the Philippines' medical equipment and infrastructure.
The report is a skillfully designed dataset that is an invaluable resource for any organization in the process of optimizing sales targets, estimating market potential, or developing an account management strategy in the Philippines. It provides a graphical overview of the country's health infrastructure, as well as an account-level view of resources, directional information on medical device installed base, hospital demographics, and care services.
Key companies featured in the dataset include: Drager, GE Healthcare, Heyer, Mindray, Narkomed, Penlon, Spacelabs Healthcare, B Braun, Fresenius Medical Care, Nikkiso, Nipro, Toray Medical, DMS Imaging, Genoray, Philips Healthcare, Shimadzu, Siemens Healthineers, Surgico, Whale Imaging, Ziehm Imaging, Aloka, Esaote, Hitachi Medical Systems, Samsung Healthcare, Sonoscape, Mediso, Canon Medical Systems, Minfound, Neusoft, SG Healthcare, Shenzen Anke, Sino Vision, Toshiba Medical Systems, Swissray, Elekta, Varian, Alpinion, Chison Medical Technology, EDAN, Honda Electronics, Providian Medical, SIUI, Vinno, Allengers Medical, Carestream, Dongmun, DRGEM, Ecoray, Listem, Medtex, Orich, Radiologia, Shenzen Angell, Universal Imaging, BEMEMS, Fujifilm Medical Systems, GMM, Hologic, Metaltronica, Planmed, Ascendant Technologies, Hybrain, X2wave Systems Inc, Exist Software Labs, Epic Systems, Indra, Medcurial, Allscripts, HarmoniMD, Orion Health, GeMS, Intellirad, SegWorks, Novarad, OR Technology
- GE Healthcare
- Spacelabs Healthcare
- B Braun
- Fresenius Medical Care
- Toray Medical
- DMS Imaging
- Philips Healthcare
- Siemens Healthineers
- Whale Imaging
- Ziehm Imaging
- Hitachi Medical Systems
- Samsung Healthcare
- Canon Medical Systems
- SG Healthcare
- Shenzen Anke
- Sino Vision
- Toshiba Medical Systems
- Chison Medical Technology
- Honda Electronics
- Providian Medical
- Allengers Medical
- Fujifilm Medical Systems
- Shenzen Angell
- Universal Imaging
- Ascendant Technologies
- X2wave Systems Inc
- Exist Software Labs
- Epic Systems
- Orion Health
- OR Technology
This report (format: MS Excel) is intended to provide intelligence on the various hospitals in the country from the perspective of their medical device infrastructure and care-area focus. Typical information provided in the spreadsheet includes details on hospital demographic, care areas, installed base of medical devices, skilled resource strength and contact details. The spreadsheet is neither intended to provide any personal information of the patients nor provide diagnosis or treatment on diseases to the users.
The information in the report is predominantly gathered through secondary sources along with 5% of the hospital data being gathered through primary research surveys (combination of telephonic and face-to-face) across large hospital facilities.
Secondary sources of hospital information include:
- Ministry of Health (MoH)
- Hospital websites
- News aggregators
- Official press releases
- Various open data sources
- Scientific and clinical research publications
- Hospitals/Doctors discovery portals
- Hospital/medical specialty associations for physicians as well as patients
- Quality control reports
- Annual reports of hospitals and healthcare investors
- Official social media handles (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc)