This report is a new 2021 study providing an assessment of the emerging market for mobile apps which contribute to a positive digital workplace experience for employees & guests in commercial office spaces.
Workplace Experience Apps are fast becoming a key software tool in future-proof commercial real estate. In the Post-COVID era, with many occupiers exploring options for downsizing or moving to hybrid working, a growing number of landlords are eager to tap into the opportunity for a more digitized workplace experience.
Why Do You Need This Report?
- Discover why the Global Workplace Experience Apps market within Commercial Office Space is estimated at $406 Million in 2020, rising to $988 Million by 2025, growing at a rate of 19% CAGR.
- The report focuses on building occupant-centric apps with a link to workplace infrastructure and therefore excludes solutions aimed exclusively at facilities management professionals and also those apps which are solely focused on employee communications, without any link to workplace infrastructure.
- Understand why it is particularly noticeable that in the post-pandemic era, the health, safety, and security of building occupants have moved into a leading position accounting for the largest number of use cases for mobile apps.
- The analysis confirms that Europe is leading the market for workplace experience apps in the digital office sector. Combined with a higher number of deployments in the region, European startups have taken the lead in developing apps totally focused on human-centric occupant experiences.
Workplace Experience Apps
The methodology employed to conduct this research was a combination of bottom-up and top-down analysis, including interviews with established incumbents and emerging market players and extrapolated analysis of the market specific to the commercial office sector. It builds on the work researching subjects such as Occupancy Analytics and Location-Based Services and The Internet of Things in Smart Commercial Buildings.
Within Its 149 Pages and 31 Charts and Tables and 4 Spreadsheets, the Report Filters Out All The Key Facts and Draws Conclusions, So You Can Understand Exactly What is Shaping the Future of Commercial Office Space;
- Investment in workplace experience apps has moved beyond pilot projects as firms implement technology to support the return to the office and future working. In the last three years, the publisher has identified 76 office building deployments that have been augmented with a workplace experience app.
- The three main drivers for growth in workplace experience apps are the recent focus on hybrid working models and flexible working trends; the overall employee experience (EX) market and its link with performance, productivity, talent retention and reputation; and the renewed emphasis on healthy buildings, which are perceived by many occupants as a necessity to ensure their health and safety.
- The report reviews M&A and funding rounds over the last six years until the end of May 2021 and these transactions are listed in spreadsheets that come with the report at no additional cost. This research identified 37 Mergers and Acquisitions in the workplace experience app space between Jan 2016 and May 2021.
Who Should Buy This Report?
This timely report will help all investors and stakeholders engaged in commercial real estate to understand this nascent, rapidly evolving market which has accelerated in the last two years, driven by new ways of working necessitated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ue Cases for Workplace Experience Apps
1.1 Scope & Definitions
2. The Global Market in Office Buildings
2.1 Market Overview
2.2 Global Market Size 2020 and Forecast to 2025
2.3 Breakdown of Geographic Regions (EMEA / North America / Asia)
3. Deployments in Office Buildings
4. Overview of Use Cases
4.1 Safety and Security
5. Apps and Platforms
5.1 Platform Focus
5.2 Workplace Experience
5.3 Tenant Engagement
5.4 Integrated Workplace Management Systems
5.5 Building IoT Platforms
5.7 Access Control and Visitor Management Systems
6. Drivers for Growth
6.1 Hybrid Working
6.2 Employee Experience
6.3 Healthy Buildings
7. Barriers to Growth
7.1 Landlord / Commercial Occupier Disconnect
7.2 App Fatigue
7.3 Privacy, Security and Trust
7.4 Diverse Range of Technologies, Vendors and Solutions
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Competitive Landscape by Region
9. M&A and Investments
9.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
9.2 Venture Capital and Private Equity Investments
9.3 Corporate Investments
List of Charts and Spreadsheets
Fig 1.1 - Workplace Experience Apps, The Convergence of People, Place & Technology
Fig 1.2 - Hierarchy of Real Estate Needs
Fig 2.1 - Global Market Size and Development to 2025 ($m)
Fig 2.2 - Workplace Experience Apps Market by Region 2020 - 2025 ($m)
Fig 2.3 - EMEA Workplace Experience Apps Market 2020 - 2025 ($m)
Fig 2.4 - North America Workplace Experience Apps Market 2020 - 2025 ($m)
Fig 2.5 - Asia Pacific Workplace Experience Apps Market 2020 - 2025 ($m)
Fig 4.1 - Use Cases for Workplace Experience Apps
Fig 5.1 - Five Platforms for Workplace Experience Apps
Fig 5.2 - Workplace Experience Platforms
Fig 5.3 - Tenant Engagement Platforms
Fig 5.4 - IWMS
Fig 5.5 - Building IoT
Fig 5.6 - Coworking
Fig 5.7 - Access Control & Visitor Management
Fig 8.1 - Competitive Landscape
Fig 9.1 - M&A 2016 to 2021
Fig 9.2 - VC and PE Funding 2016 to 2021
A1 - Workplace Experience Apps: Supplier Listing Spreadsheet
A2 - Deployments in Office Buildings Spreadsheet
A3 - Mergers & Acquisitions Jan 2016 - May 2021 Spreadsheet
A4 - Venture Capital & Private Equity Funding Jan 2016 - May 2021 Spreadsheet
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Condeco Software
- Distech Controls/Acuity Brands
- District Technologies
- Hamilton Apps/Safeware
- HB Reavis
- Healthy Workers
- HID Global/Assa Abloy
- Hipla Technologies
- Johnson Controls
- Lone Rooftop
- Matrix Booking
- Modo Labs
- MRI Software/Trimble
- Ninja Solutions
- Office App
- OfficeSpace Software
- Rise Buildings
- Robin Powered
- Schneider Electric
- Sharry Proptech Co
- Smart Spaces OS
- Smarten Spaces
- SmartSpace Global
- SmartSpace Software
- Spica Technologies
- Spike Global
- Thing Technologies
- Tmpl Solutions
- Traction Guest
- Usewalter fka GOLO Mobile
- Wx Solutions/Sodexo