The Americas region will reach a fixed broadband penetration of population rate of 21.7% at year-end 2021. Moving forward, fixed broadband penetration of the population in the Americas will expand to 25.7% in 2026, mainly driven by ongoing investments in FTTH and FWA-5G broadband infrastructure as well as national broadband plans across the region.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Section 1: Americas in a Global Context: This section provides a comparison of the Americas' macro-economic KPIs, fixed telecom market size, and trends with other regions.
- Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive Dynamics: This section analyzes the competitive dynamics that have been shaping the Americas' fixed broadband markets over the past few years, including market entries, market exits, consolidation, and M&A activities. The section also looks at the latest regulatory developments and national broadband initiatives.
- Section 3: Fixed Broadband Subscription Trends: Provides analysis, historical figures, and forecasts of fixed broadband subscriptions and usage trends in the region as well as their growth drivers.
- Section 4: Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends: Examines changes in the breakdown of overall revenue and ARPU over 2021-2026. - Section 5: Key findings: A summary of key findings and growth opportunities for the Americas' fixed broadband markets.
- Fixed broadband line penetration of population in the Americas will reach 21.7% in 2021 and will expand to 25.7% by year-ed 2026.
- Cable subscriptions in the Americas will account for 47.5% of total fixed broadband lines in 2026, down from an estimated 51.7% in 2021, as FTTx and FWA alternatives gain traction.
- FTTH/B will account for 37.3% of total fixed broadband lines in 2026. This is driven by fiber rollouts, national broadband networks, fiber wholesale and sharing deals, and the increased availability of fiber packages to support the demand for higher speeds and bandwidth-hungry applications.
Reasons to Buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of the Americas' fixed broadband market trends in a concise analytical format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying the publisher's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the Americas' fixed broadband markets.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive actionable insights will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players better position to seize the growth opportunities in the Americas' evolving fixed broadband market.
Table of Contents
- Americas fixed broadband markets - key takeaways
- The Americas highlights
- Section 1: Americas in a global context
- Americas demographics at a glance
- Americas in a global context
- Section 2: Regional market trends and competitive dynamics
- Regulatory drivers of fixed broadband in the Americas
- Major competitive changes in the Americas
- National broadband plans/infrastructure rollout
- Americas main competitive market trends
- Section 3: Fixed broadband subscription trends
- Internet user trends in the Americas
- Fixed broadband technology trends in the Americas
- Section 4: Fixed broadband revenue trends
- Fixed broadband average revenue per user (ARPU) in the Americas
- Fixed broadband revenue trends in the Americas
- Section 5: Key findings and recommendations
- Key findings and recommendations
- Acronyms and definitions
- Companies mentioned
- Related research
- About the Publisher
List of FiguresExhibit 1: Population, 2021-2026 (Millions)
Exhibit 2: Nominal GDP, 2021-2026 (US$Trillion)
Exhibit 3: Real GDP growth, 2021-2026
Exhibit 4: Voice line penetration, 2021 (% of population)
Exhibit 5: Internet user penetration, 2021 (% of population)
Exhibit 6: Broadband line penetration, 2021 (% of population)
Exhibit 7: Internet Users, Americas, 2020-2026 (Millions)
Exhibit 8: Fixed broadband lines and penetration in the Americas, 2020-2026
Exhibit 9: Fixed broadband lines by technology, the Americas, 2021-2026 (millions)
Exhibit 10: Top Five in the Americas Markets in Terms of FTTH/B as a % of Total Fixed Broadband Lines, 2026
Exhibit 11: Fixed Broadband ARPU in Americas (US$), 2021-2026
Exhibit 12: Fixed Broadband Revenue, the Americas, 2021-2026
Exhibit 13: Select Fixed Broadband Market Sizes and Growth Prospects, 2021
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- America Móvil
- Bell Canada
- ICE Costa Rica
- Liberty Global
- Morris Broadband
- UTC Centros Poblados