1h Free Analyst TimeThe business of the Lions Tour takes a look at the 2021 edition of the touring rugby union, specifically looking at the sponsorship and media landscapes associated with it. The 2021 event had initially hoped it could avoid the consequences and pitfalls of COVID-19 but despite being 16 months after the major outbreak of the virus, has been subject to a number concerns, including doubts whether the event would even go ahead, with infections of the virus in South Africa particularly prominent.
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
Combining the four individual teams of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales, the lions Tour remains a highly popular rugby event which unites the supporters of these teams. One of the major misses from the 2021 Tour stems around the lack of crowds, a huge disappointment to the fans of the teams, with British and Irish fans usually travelling across the world to generate a fantastic atmosphere at the games. The report takes a closer look at how COVID-19 has impacted the run up and organisation of the Tour as well as looking at the overall commercial landscape of it.
A clear and in-depth breakdown of all concerned deals with the Lions Tour and how they impact on the series. Great context offered, with comparisons to previous tours of the Lions series and specific details on the impact of the global pandemic and where it could see its biggest losses in 2021.
- This report outlines the entire commercial landscape of the 2021 Lions Tour of South Africa, taking an in-depth look at all the major deals linked to both touring series and the two participating team set ups.
- The report looks at the sponsorship and media landscape of the series whilst also looking at how much money the Tour will have lost in revenue from missed ticket sales, with the entire Tour capable of hosting 582,012 fans across all stadiums.
Reasons to Buy
- The report offers a comprehensive look at the biggest and most prestigious rugby union series event in 2021. As well as looking at the competition commercial incomings, the report also explores the teams in closer detail, highlighting their main individual players, past history of success in the Tour and current sponsorship portfolio.
Table of Contents1. Executive Summary
2. Lions Tour Overview
3. Lions Tour Schedule
4. Lions Tour Social Media
5. Impact of COVID-19
6. Sponsorship Landscape
7. Media Landscape
List of Tables
- Ticket Revenue Losses Table
List of Figures
- Team Social Media Graph
- Competition Comparison Social Media Graph
- Player Social Media Graph
- COVID-19 Numbers in South Africa Graph
- Team Sponsorship Value Graphs
- Team Sponsorship Breakdown Charts