European Anti-Microbial Coatings Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Type (Silver, Copper, Titanium Dioxide, and Others), By Application (Medical & Healthcare, Food & Beverage, Protective Clothing, Building and Construction, and Others [Air & Water Treatment, Transportation]) Forecast Period 2021-2027.
The European anti-microbial coatings market is projected to have a considerable CAGR of around 8.4% during the forecast period. The growing awareness of the importance of hygiene, as well as the massive expansion of the food, medical, and construction industries, are propelling the overall demand for antimicrobial coatings. Moreover, the introduction of advanced, well-tested coatings targeted at the healthcare sector, where effective antimicrobial coatings are most needed in Europe as the region has a high prevalence of healthcare-associated infections, is expected to accelerate the growth rate even further. For instance, according to the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), over 4 million people in Europe contract an HCAI each year, out of which 37,000 lose their lives due to infections.
During COVID-19, Europe, particularly France, saw an unprecedented increase in the number of coronavirus cases, resulting in the suspension of coatings manufacturing activities. Furthermore, other chemical and materials manufacturing sectors also have subsequently influenced the demand for antimicrobial coatings in early 2020. Therefore, the collapse in overall manufacturing activities has resulted in the discontinuation of antimicrobial coatings manufacturing projects, decreasing demand for antimicrobial coatings during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The European anti-microbial coatings market is segmented based on types, and Applications. Based on the types, the market is further classified into silver, copper, titanium dioxide, and others. Further, based on the application the market is classified into medical & healthcare, food & beverage, protective clothing, building and construction, and others (air & water treatment, transportation).
The key players of the market include Lonza Group Ltd, BASF SE, Nippon Paints Holdings, Co. Ltd, Nano-Care Deutschland AG among others. These market players adopt various strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers, and acquisitions to sustain a strong position in the market. In March 2019, Lonza Group Ltd introduced two new additions to its Proxel line of preservatives in Europe. Proxel LSR and Proxel HBC Preservatives are dual-active, broad-spectrum biocides used to preserve water-based paints, adhesives, and construction chemicals in the wet state.
Both products benefit from the use of two complementary active ingredients, which provide enhanced antimicrobial efficacy and bacterial protection in a variety of industrial applications. This introduction of new wet-state preservatives is intended to integrate with Europe's changing regulatory landscape and growing market demand for Methylisothiazolinone-free (MIT-free) biocide formulations.
The market study of the Europe anti-microbial coatings market is incorporated by extensive primary and secondary research. Secondary research has been conducted to refine the available data to break down the market into various segments, derive total market size, market forecast, and growth rate. Different approaches have been worked on to derive the market value and market growth rate. Our team collects facts and data related to the market from different geography to provide a better regional outlook. In the report, the country-level analysis is provided by analyzing various regional players, regional tax laws and policies, consumer behavior, and macro-economic factors. Numbers extracted from secondary research have been authenticated by conducting proper primary research. It includes tracking down key people from the industry and interviewing them to validate the data. This enables our analyst to derive the closest possible figures without any major deviations in the actual number. Our analysts try to contact as many executives, managers, key opinion leaders, and industry experts. Primary research brings authenticity to our reports.
Secondary Sources Include
- Financial reports of companies involved in the market.
- Whitepapers, research papers, and news blogs.
- Company websites and their product catalog.
The report provides an in-depth analysis of market size, intended quality of the service preferred by consumers. The report will serve as a source for a 360-degree analysis of the market thoroughly integrating different models.
- European Anti-Microbial Coatings Market Research and Analysis by Type
- European Anti-Microbial Coatings Market Research and Analysis by Application
The Report Covers
- Comprehensive Research Methodology of the European anti-microbial coatings market.
- This report also includes a detailed and extensive market overview with key analyst insights.
- An exhaustive analysis of macro and micro factors influencing the market guided by key recommendations.
- Analysis of regional regulations and other government policies impacting the European anti-microbial coatings market.
- Insights about market determinants that are stimulating the European anti-microbial coatings market.
- Detailed and extensive market segments with the regional distribution of forecasted revenues.
- Extensive profiles and recent developments of market players
Table of Contents1. Report Summary
1.1. Research Methods and Tools
- Current Industry Analysis and Growth Potential Outlook
- Impact of COVID-19 on the European Anti-Microbial Coatings Industry
- Recovery Scenario of European Anti-Microbial Coatings Industry
1.2.1. By Segments
1.2.2. By Geography
2. Market Overview and Insights
2.1. Scope of the Report
2.2. Analyst Insight & Current Market Trends
2.2.1. Key Findings
3. Competitive Landscape
3.1. Key Company Analysis
3.1.1. Lonza Group Ltd
126.96.36.199. Financial Analysis
188.8.131.52. SWOT Analysis
184.108.40.206. Recent Developments
3.1.2. BASF SE
220.127.116.11. Financial Analysis
18.104.22.168. SWOT Analysis
22.214.171.124. Recent Developments
3.1.3. Nippon Paints Holdings, Co. Ltd.
126.96.36.199. Financial Analysis
188.8.131.52. SWOT Analysis
184.108.40.206. Recent Developments
3.1.4. Koninklijke DSM N.V.
220.127.116.11. Financial Analysis
18.104.22.168. SWOT Analysis
22.214.171.124. Recent Developments
3.2. Key Strategy Analysis
3.3. Impact of COVID-19 on Key Players
4. Market Determinants
5. Market Segmentation
5.1. European Anti-Microbial Coatings Market by Type
5.1.3. Titanium Dioxide
5.2. European Anti-Microbial Coatings Market by Application
5.2.1. Medical & Healthcare
5.2.2. Food & Beverage
5.2.3. Protective Clothing
5.2.4. Building and Construction
5.2.5. Others (Air & Water Treatment, Transportation)
6. Regional Analysis
6.6. Rest of European
7. Company Profiles
7.1. Akzo Nobel N.V.
7.2. BASF SE
7.3. BioInteractions Ltd
7.4. DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
7.5. Kastus Technologies
7.6. Koninklijke DSM N.V.
7.7. Lonza Group AG
7.8. Nano-Care Deutschland AG
7.9. Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd.
7.10. Novapura AG
7.11. PPG Industries, Inc.
7.12. RPM International, Inc.
7.13. Troy Corp.List of Tables
1. European Anti-Microbial Coatings Market Research and Analysis by Type, 2020-2027 ($ Million)
2. European Anti-Microbial Silver Coatings Market Research and Analysis by Region, 2020-2027 ($ Million)
3. European Anti-Microbial Copper Coatings Market Research and Analysis by Region, 2020-2027 ($ Million)
4. European Anti-Microbial Titanium Dioxide Coatings Market Research and Analysis by Region, 2020-2027 ($ Million)
5. European Other Type Market Research and Analysis by Region, 2020-2027 ($ Million)
6. European Anti-Microbial Coatings Market Research and Analysis by Application, 2020-2027 ($ Million)
7. European Anti-Microbial Coatings for Medical & Healthcare Market Research and Analysis by Region, 2020-2027 ($ Million)
8. European Anti-Microbial Coatings for Food & Beverage Market Research and Analysis by Region, 2020-2027 ($ Million)
9. European Anti-Microbial Coatings for Protective Clothing Market Research and Analysis by Region, 2020-2027 ($ Million)
10. European Anti-Microbial Coatings for Building and Construction Market Research and Analysis by Region, 2020-2027 ($ Million)
11. European Anti-Microbial Coatings for Other Market Research and Analysis by Region, 2020-2027 ($ Million)List of Figures
1. Impact of COVID-19 on European Anti-Microbial Coatings Market, 2020-2027 (% Million)
2. Impact of COVID-19 on European Anti-Microbial Coatings Market by Segment, 2020-2027 (% Million)
3. Recovery of European Anti-Microbial Coatings Market, 2020-2027 (%)
4. European Anti-Microbial Coatings Market Share by Type, 2020 Vs 2027 (%)
5. European Anti-Microbial Coatings Market Share by Application, 2020 Vs 2027 (%)
6. UK Anti-Microbial Coating Market Size, 2020-2027 ($ Million)
7. France Anti-Microbial Coating Market Size, 2020-2027 ($ Million)
8. Germany Anti-Microbial Coating Market Size, 2020-2027 ($ Million)
9. Italy Anti-Microbial Coating Market Size, 2020-2027 ($ Million)
10. Spain Anti-Microbial Coating Market Size, 2020-2027 ($ Million)
11. Roe Anti-Microbial Coating Market Size, 2020-2027 ($ Million)
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- BASF SE
- BioInteractions Ltd
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- Kastus Technologies
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- Lonza Group AG
- Nano-Care Deutschland AG
- Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Novapura AG
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- RPM International, Inc.
- Troy Corp.