The Mexico Automotive Engine Oils Market is at 280.44 million liters in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 2.92% to reach 323.90 million liters in 2026. In 2020, the COVID-19 outbreak led to a decline in motorcycle sales by about 21%, primarily due to reduced traveling needs and risk-aversion behavior triggered due to lay-offs and job insecurity.
- Largest Segment by Vehicle Type - Passenger Vehicles : The highest proportion of passenger vehicle population and their service requirements in Mexico is attributed to the highest engine oil consumption in the sector.
- Fastest Segment by Vehicle Type - Motorcycles : The meteoric rise in the sales of street and off-road motorcycles in Mexico after the COVID-19 outbreak may drive engine oil consumption in the motorcycles segment.
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By Vehicle Type : Passenger Vehicles
- The engine oil consumption in Mexico increased by 10.19% during 2015-2017.
- This growth was driven by the growing vehicle parc and low drain intervals of mineral-based engine oils. During 2017-2019, the engine oil consumption saw a slight decline of 0.11% due to the increasing usage of the API SN and SM grade synthetic oils, which have high drain intervals. However, unlike Canada and the United States, the penetration of synthetic engine oils was significantly low during this period. The engine oil consumption further declined by 14.26% during 2019-2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Mexican government's expected publishment of new engine oil standards, combined with engine downsizing trends, may negatively affect the recovery of the country's engine oil consumption. As a result, engine oil consumption is likely to register a CAGR of 2.92% during 2021-2026.
The Mexico Automotive Engine Oils Market is moderately consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 63.64%. The major players in this market are Bardahl, BP PLC (Castrol), Exxon Mobil Corporation, Roshfrans and Royal Dutch Shell (sorted alphabetically).
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
2.2 Scope of the Study?
2.3 Research Methodology
3.1.1 Overall Vehicles
3.1.2 Commercial Vehicles
3.1.4 Passenger Vehicles
3.2 Regulatory Framework
3.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4.2 By Vehicle Type
4.2.1 Commercial Vehicles
4.2.3 Passenger Vehicles
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.2 BP PLC (Castrol)
5.3.3 Chevron Corporation
5.3.4 Exxon Mobil Corporation
5.3.5 Mexicana de Lubricantes S.A. de C.V.
5.3.8 Royal Dutch Shell
5.3.10 Valvoline Inc.
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- BP PLC (Castrol)
- Chevron Corporation
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Mexicana de Lubricantes S.A. de C.V.
- Royal Dutch Shell
- Valvoline Inc.