The Italy Automotive Lubricants Market is at 224.81 million liters in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 2.52% to reach 254.61 million liters in 2026. Post the COVID-19 outbreak, there was a decline in the usage of the existing vehicle fleet in the country. As a result, in 2020, lubricant consumption in the country declined by over 13% in volume, compared to 2019.
- Largest Segment by Vehicle Type - Commercial Vehicles : In Italy, the high average lubricant requirement of commercial vehicles has contributed to the highest lubricant consumption in the country's commercial vehicles sector.
- Fastest Segment by Vehicle Type - Passenger Vehicles : The expected recovery of passenger vehicle sales and production and the resurgence in travel needs are likely to drive the demand for lubricants during the forecast period.
- Largest Segment by Product Type - Engine Oils : Engine oil is the leading product type due to its high volume requirements and low drain intervals. It is used for high-temperature and high-pressure applications.
- Fastest Segment by Product Type - Transmission Oils : In Italy, the expected recovery in automotive sales and production since 2021 is likely to drive the demand for transmission oils in the country during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By Vehicle Type : Commercial Vehicles
- In Italy, passenger vehicles accounted for a 73.6% share of the total number of on-road vehicles during 2020. The commercial vehicles segment accounted for the largest share of 50.47% in the consumption of lubricants in 2020.
- The passenger vehicles segment's share in lubricant consumption recorded a significant drop due to the reducing passenger vehicles sales during the COVID-19 outbreak. Since freight transportation was considered an essential activity and exempted from travel restrictions, the commercial vehicles segment faced comparatively minor impact from the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The passenger vehicles segment is likely to recover from the impacts of the pandemic and semiconductor shortage, recording the highest growth of about 3.59% over the forecast period. Such a trend is expected, assuming a healthy recovery in passenger vehicle sales from the end of 2020.
The Italy Automotive Lubricants Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 70.51%. The major players in this market are BP PLC (Castrol), Eni SpA, PETRONAS Lubricants International, Q8Oils and Royal Dutch Shell (sorted alphabetically).
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
2.2 Scope of the Study?
2.3 Research Methodology
3.1.1 Overall Vehicles
3.1.2 Commercial Vehicles
3.1.4 Passenger Vehicles
3.2 Regulatory Framework
3.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4.1.1 Commercial Vehicles
4.1.3 Passenger Vehicles
4.2 By Product Type
4.2.1 Engine Oils
4.2.3 Hydraulic Fluids
4.2.4 Transmission Oils
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.2 BP PLC (Castrol)
5.3.3 Eni SpA
5.3.4 Exxon Mobil Corporation
5.3.6 LIQUI MOLY
5.3.8 PETRONAS Lubricants International
5.3.10 Ra.M.Oil SpA
5.3.13 Royal Dutch Shell
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- BP PLC (Castrol)
- Eni SpA
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- LIQUI MOLY
- PETRONAS Lubricants International
- Ra.M.Oil SpA
- Royal Dutch Shell