The Global Gift Card Market is estimated to be USD 875.31 Bn in 2023 and is expected to reach USD 2017.82 Bn by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 18.18%.
Corporate offices are looking for ways to improve employee engagement programs which has supported the gift cards market’s growth
Market DynamicsMarket dynamics are forces that impact the prices and behaviors of the stakeholders. These forces create pricing signals which result from the changes in the supply and demand curves for a given product or service. Forces of Market Dynamics may be related to macro-economic and micro-economic factors. There are dynamic market forces other than price, demand, and supply. Human emotions can also drive decisions, influence the market, and create price signals.
As the market dynamics impact the supply and demand curves, decision-makers aim to determine the best way to use various financial tools to stem various strategies for speeding the growth and reducing the risks.
Market SegmentationsThe Global Gift Card Market is segmented based on Card Type and End-Users, and Geography.
- By Card Type, the market is classified into Closed-Loop Card and Open-Loop Card.
- By End-Users, the market is classified into Retail Established and Corporate Institution.
- By Geography, the market is classified into Americas, Europe, Middle-East & Africa, and Asia-Pacific.
Company ProfilesThe report provides a detailed analysis of the competitors in the market. It covers the financial performance analysis for the publicly listed companies in the market. The report also offers detailed information on the companies' recent development and competitive scenario. Some of the companies covered in this report are Google LLC, Hennes & Mauritz AB, IKEA, InComm Payments (HI Technology Corp.), J Sainsbury PLC, JCB Co. Ltd., JD Sports (Pentland Group), Lowe's Companies Inc., PayPal Inc., etc.
- America (Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, United States, Rest of Americas)
- Europe (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Rest of Europe)
- Middle-East and Africa (Egypt, Israel, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Rest of MEA)
- Asia-Pacific (Australia, Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Taiwan, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
Competitive QuadrantThe report includes a Competitive Quadrant, a proprietary tool to analyze and evaluate the position of companies based on their Industry Position score and Market Performance score. The tool uses various factors for categorizing the players into four categories. Some of these factors considered for analysis are financial performance over the last 3 years, growth strategies, innovation score, new product launches, investments, growth in market share, etc.
Ansoff AnalysisThe report presents a detailed Ansoff matrix analysis for the Global Gift Card Market. Ansoff Matrix, also known as Product/Market Expansion Grid, is a strategic tool used to design strategies for the growth of the company. The matrix can be used to evaluate approaches in four strategies viz. Market Development, Market Penetration, Product Development, and Diversification. The matrix is also used for risk analysis to understand the risk involved with each approach.
The analyst analyses the Global Gift Card Market using the Ansoff Matrix to provide the best approaches a company can take to improve its market position.
Based on the SWOT analysis conducted on the industry and industry players, the analyst has devised suitable strategies for market growth.
Why buy this report?
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the Global Gift Card Market. The report includes in-depth qualitative analysis, verifiable data from authentic sources, and projections about market size. The projections are calculated using proven research methodologies.
- The report has been compiled through extensive primary and secondary research. The primary research is done through interviews, surveys, and observation of renowned personnel in the industry.
- The report includes an in-depth market analysis using Porter's 5 forces model, PESTLE Analysis, and the Ansoff Matrix. In addition, the impact of COVID-19 and the impact of economic slowdown & impending recession on the market are also featured in the report.
- The report also includes the regulatory scenario in the industry, which will help you make a well-informed decision. The report discusses major regulatory bodies and major rules and regulations imposed on this sector across various geographies.
- The report also contains the competitive analysis using Positioning Quadrants, the analyst's competitive positioning tool.
- A complete analysis of the market, including parent industry
- Important market dynamics and trends
- Market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market based on value and volume
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Frequently Asked Questions about the Global Gift Card Market
What is the estimated value of the Global Gift Card Market?
The Global Gift Card Market was estimated to be valued at $875.31 Billion in 2023.
What is the growth rate of the Global Gift Card Market?
The growth rate of the Global Gift Card Market is 18.1%, with an estimated value of $2017.82 Billion by 2028.
What is the forecasted size of the Global Gift Card Market?
The Global Gift Card Market is estimated to be worth $2017.82 Billion by 2028.
Who are the key companies in the Global Gift Card Market?
Key companies in the Global Gift Card Market include Alphabet Inc., Amazon.com, Inc., American Express Co., Apple Inc., Best Buy Co., Inc, Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc., Carrefour S.A., Fiserv, Inc. and Hennes & Mauritz AB.
|No. of Pages||167|
|Forecast Period||2023 - 2028|
| Estimated Market Value ( USD ||$ 875.31 Billion|
| Forecasted Market Value ( USD ||$ 2017.82 Billion|
|Compound Annual Growth Rate||18.1%|
|No. of Companies Mentioned||26|
Table of Contents1 Report Description
1.1 Study Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.4 Years Considered
1.6 Key Stakeholders
2 Research Methodology
2.1 Research Process
2.2 Data Collection and Validation
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.3 Market Size Estimation
2.3.1 Bottom-Up Approach
2.3.2 Top-Down Approach
2.4 Assumptions of the Study
2.5 Limitations of the Study
3 Executive Summary
3.2 Market Size, Segmentations, and Outlook
4 Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Rising Proliferation of Smartphones and E-Tailing Giants
4.1.2 Increase in Demand for Innovative Products and Strengthened Brand Loyalty Strategies
4.1.3 Growing Demand for E-Gifting with Increase Digitalisation
4.1.4 The Surge in Incentives for Employees by Various Companies
4.2.1 High Cost of Investment
4.3.1 Emergence of Customized E-Gift Cards
4.3.2 Increase in Universally Accepted Open-Loop Gift Cards
4.4.1 Data Security and Privacy Concerns
5 Market Analysis
5.1 Regulatory Scenario
5.2 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.3 PESTLE Analysis
5.4 Impact of COVID-19
5.5 Impact of Economic Slowdown & Impending Recession
5.6 Ansoff Matrix Analysis
6 Global Gift Card Market, By Card Type
6.2 Closed-Loop Card
6.3 Open-Loop Card
7 Global Gift Card Market, By End-Users
7.2 Retail Established
7.3 Corporate Institution
8 Americas' Gift Card Market
8.9 United States
8.10 Rest of Americas
9 Europe's Gift Card Market
9.16 United Kingdom
9.17 Rest of Europe
10 Middle East and Africa's Gift Card Market
10.5 Saudi Arabia
10.6 South Africa
10.7 United Arab Emirates
10.8 Rest of MEA
11 APAC's Gift Card Market
11.11 South Korea
11.12 Sri Lanka
11.15 Rest of Asia-Pacific
12 Competitive Landscape
12.1 Competitive Quadrant
12.2 Market Share Analysis
12.3 Strategic Initiatives
12.3.1 M&A and Investments
12.3.2 Partnerships and Collaborations
12.3.3 Product Developments and Improvements
13 Company Profiles
13.1 Alphabet Inc.
13.2 Amazon.com, Inc.
13.3 American Express Co.
13.4 Apple Inc.
13.5 Best Buy Co., Inc
13.6 Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc.
13.7 Carrefour S.A.
13.8 Fiserv, Inc.
13.9 Givex Corp.
13.10 Hennes & Mauritz AB
13.12 InComm Payments (HI Technology Corp.)
13.13 J Sainsbury PLC
13.14 JCB Co. Ltd.
13.15 JD Sports (Pentland Group)
13.16 Lowe's Companies Inc.
13.17 Mastercard Inc.
13.18 PayPal Inc.
13.19 Paytronix Systems Inc.
13.20 Qwikcilver Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
13.21 Starbucks Corp.
13.22 The Home Depot Inc.
13.23 Virgin Group Ltd.
13.24 Visa Inc.
13.25 Walgreen Co.
13.26 Walmart Inc.
- Alphabet Inc.
- Amazon.com, Inc.
- American Express Co.
- Apple Inc.
- Best Buy Co., Inc
- Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc.
- Carrefour S.A.
- Fiserv, Inc.
- Givex Corp.
- Hennes & Mauritz AB
- InComm Payments (HI Technology Corp.)
- J Sainsbury PLC
- JCB Co. Ltd.
- JD Sports (Pentland Group)
- Lowe's Companies Inc.
- Mastercard Inc.
- PayPal Inc.
- Paytronix Systems Inc.
- Qwikcilver Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Starbucks Corp.
- The Home Depot Inc.
- Virgin Group Ltd.
- Visa Inc.
- Walgreen Co.
- Walmart Inc.