The Global Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Chipset Market is estimated to be USD 2.49 Bn in 2023 and is expected to reach USD 3.43 Bn by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 6.63%.
GPON is 95% more energy efficient compared to copper wire cables and provides low-cost solutions since it adds users via splitters
Market DynamicsMarket dynamics are forces that impact the prices and behaviors of the stakeholders. These forces create pricing signals which result from the changes in the supply and demand curves for a given product or service. Forces of Market Dynamics may be related to macro-economic and micro-economic factors. There are dynamic market forces other than price, demand, and supply. Human emotions can also drive decisions, influence the market, and create price signals.
As the market dynamics impact the supply and demand curves, decision-makers aim to determine the best way to use various financial tools to stem various strategies for speeding the growth and reducing the risks.
Market SegmentationsThe Global Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Chipset Market is segmented based on Technology, Equipment, and End-Users, and Geography.
- By Technology, the market is classified into 5G-GPON, 5G-GPON, 10G-GPON, XGS-PON, and NG-PON2.
- By Equipment, the market is classified into Optical Line Termination (OLT), Optical Network Unit (ONU), and Optical Distribution Network (ODN).
- By End-Users, the market is classified into Hospitals, Residential, IT & Telecom, and Government Institutions.
- By Geography, the market is classified into Americas, Europe, Middle-East & Africa, and Asia-Pacific.
Company ProfilesThe report provides a detailed analysis of the competitors in the market. It covers the financial performance analysis for the publicly listed companies in the market. The report also offers detailed information on the companies' recent development and competitive scenario. Some of the companies covered in this report are Fujitsu, HiSilicon Technologies Co. Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Iskratel, Marvell Technology Group, Motorola Solutions, NEC Corp., Nokia Corp., NXP Semiconductors, etc.
- America (Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, United States, Rest of Americas)
- Europe (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Rest of Europe)
- Middle-East and Africa (Egypt, Israel, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Rest of MEA)
- Asia-Pacific (Australia, Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Taiwan, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
Competitive QuadrantThe report includes a Competitive Quadrant, a proprietary tool to analyze and evaluate the position of companies based on their Industry Position score and Market Performance score. The tool uses various factors for categorizing the players into four categories. Some of these factors considered for analysis are financial performance over the last 3 years, growth strategies, innovation score, new product launches, investments, growth in market share, etc.
Ansoff AnalysisThe report presents a detailed Ansoff matrix analysis for the Global Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Chipset Market. Ansoff Matrix, also known as Product/Market Expansion Grid, is a strategic tool used to design strategies for the growth of the company. The matrix can be used to evaluate approaches in four strategies viz. Market Development, Market Penetration, Product Development, and Diversification. The matrix is also used for risk analysis to understand the risk involved with each approach.
The analyst analyses the Global Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Chipset Market using the Ansoff Matrix to provide the best approaches a company can take to improve its market position.
Based on the SWOT analysis conducted on the industry and industry players, the analyst has devised suitable strategies for market growth.
Why buy this report?
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the Global Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Chipset Market. The report includes in-depth qualitative analysis, verifiable data from authentic sources, and projections about market size. The projections are calculated using proven research methodologies.
- The report has been compiled through extensive primary and secondary research. The primary research is done through interviews, surveys, and observation of renowned personnel in the industry.
- The report includes an in-depth market analysis using Porter's 5 forces model, PESTLE Analysis, and the Ansoff Matrix. In addition, the impact of COVID-19 and the impact of economic slowdown & impending recession on the market are also featured in the report.
- The report also includes the regulatory scenario in the industry, which will help you make a well-informed decision. The report discusses major regulatory bodies and major rules and regulations imposed on this sector across various geographies.
- The report also contains the competitive analysis using Positioning Quadrants, the analyst's competitive positioning tool.
- A complete analysis of the market, including parent industry
- Important market dynamics and trends
- Market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market based on value and volume
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Frequently Asked Questions about the Global Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Chipset Market
What is the estimated value of the Global Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Chipset Market?
The Global Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Chipset Market was estimated to be valued at $2.49 Billion in 2023.
What is the growth rate of the Global Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Chipset Market?
The growth rate of the Global Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Chipset Market is 6.6%, with an estimated value of $3.43 Billion by 2028.
What is the forecasted size of the Global Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Chipset Market?
The Global Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Chipset Market is estimated to be worth $3.43 Billion by 2028.
Who are the key companies in the Global Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Chipset Market?
Key companies in the Global Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Chipset Market include Adtran Inc., Alphion India Pvt. Ltd., AT & T Inc., Broadcom, Calix Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Dasan Zhone Solutions, FiberHome Telecommunication Technologies Co. Ltd. and HiSilicon Technologies Co. Ltd..
|No. of Pages||198|
|Forecast Period||2023 - 2028|
| Estimated Market Value ( USD ||$ 2.49 Billion|
| Forecasted Market Value ( USD ||$ 3.43 Billion|
|Compound Annual Growth Rate||6.6%|
|No. of Companies Mentioned||23|
Table of Contents1 Report Description
1.1 Study Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.4 Years Considered
1.6 Key Stakeholders
2 Research Methodology
2.1 Research Process
2.2 Data Collection and Validation
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.3 Market Size Estimation
2.3.1 Bottom-Up Approach
2.3.2 Top-Down Approach
2.4 Assumptions of the Study
2.5 Limitations of the Study
3 Executive Summary
3.2 Market Size, Segmentations, and Outlook
4 Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increased Demand for Triple- and Quad-Play Services
4.1.2 High Demand for High-Speed Broadband Services
4.1.3 Rapid Advancements in GPON Technology
4.1.4 High Penetration of FTTH Services in APAC
4.2.1 High Installation and Operational Costs, along with Requirement for Continuous Power Supply
4.3.1 Trial and Deployment of 5G Networks in Developing Economies
4.3.2 Rise in Demand for Video Content
4.4.1 Availability of Substitute Technologies
4.4.2 Interoperability Isues and Operational Difficulties Associated with Fiber Optics
5 Market Analysis
5.1 Regulatory Scenario
5.2 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.3 PESTLE Analysis
5.4 Impact of COVID-19
5.5 Impact of Economic Slowdown & Impending Recession
5.6 Ansoff Matrix Analysis
6 Global Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Chipset Market, By Technology
7 Global Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Chipset Market, By Equipment
7.2 Optical Line Termination (OLT)
7.3 Optical Network Unit (ONU)
7.4 Optical Distribution Network (ODN)
8 Global Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Chipset Market, By End-Users
8.4 IT & Telecom
8.5 Government Institutions
9 Americas' Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Chipset Market
9.9 United States
9.10 Rest of Americas
10 Europe's Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Chipset Market
10.16 United Kingdom
10.17 Rest of Europe
11 Middle East and Africa's Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Chipset Market
11.5 Saudi Arabia
11.6 South Africa
11.7 United Arab Emirates
11.8 Rest of MEA
12 APAC's Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Chipset Market
12.11 South Korea
12.12 Sri Lanka
12.15 Rest of Asia-Pacific
13 Competitive Landscape
13.1 Competitive Quadrant
13.2 Market Share Analysis
13.3 Strategic Initiatives
13.3.1 M&A and Investments
13.3.2 Partnerships and Collaborations
13.3.3 Product Developments and Improvements
14 Company Profiles
14.1 Adtran Inc.
14.2 Alphion India Pvt. Ltd.
14.3 AT & T Inc.
14.5 Calix Inc.
14.6 Cisco Systems Inc.
14.7 Dasan Zhone Solutions
14.8 FiberHome Telecommunication Technologies Co. Ltd.
14.10 HiSilicon Technologies Co. Ltd.
14.11 Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
14.13 Marvell Technology Group
14.14 Motorola Solutions
14.15 NEC Corp.
14.16 Nokia Corp.
14.17 NXP Semiconductors
14.18 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
14.19 Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
14.20 Tellabs Inc.
14.21 Verizon Communications Inc.
14.22 ZTE Corp.
14.23 Zyxel Communications Corp.
- Adtran Inc.
- Alphion India Pvt. Ltd.
- AT & T Inc.
- Calix Inc.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Dasan Zhone Solutions
- FiberHome Telecommunication Technologies Co. Ltd.
- HiSilicon Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Marvell Technology Group
- Motorola Solutions
- NEC Corp.
- Nokia Corp.
- NXP Semiconductors
- Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
- Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
- Tellabs Inc.
- Verizon Communications Inc.
- ZTE Corp.
- Zyxel Communications Corp.