The Global Blood Market is estimated to be USD 7.75 Bn in 2022 and is expected to reach USD 9.62 Bn by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 4.42%.
The median annual donations per blood centre is 1 300 in the low-income countries, 4 400 in lower-middle-income countries and 9 300 in upper-middle-income countries, as compared to 25 700 in high-income countries
Market DynamicsMarket dynamics are forces that impact the prices and behaviors of the stakeholders. These forces create pricing signals which result from the changes in the supply and demand curves for a given product or service. Forces of Market Dynamics may be related to macro-economic and micro-economic factors. There are dynamic market forces other than price, demand, and supply. Human emotions can also drive decisions, influence the market, and create price signals. As the market dynamics impact the supply and demand curves, decision-makers aim to determine the best way to use various financial tools to stem various strategies for speeding the growth and reducing the risks.
Market SegmentationsThe Global Blood Market is segmented based on Product, End User, and Geography.
- By Product, the market is classified into Whole Blood Collection and Processing, Source Plasma Collection, Blood Typing Products, and Blood Screening Products.
- By End User, the market is classified into Blood & Blood Component Bank, Diagnostic Laboratories, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Blood and Blood Component Bank, Diagnostic & Pathology Laboratories, and Others (Hospitals, ASC, & Nursing Homes).
- By Geography, the market is classified into Americas, Europe, Middle-East & Africa and Asia-Pacific.
Company ProfilesThe report provides a detailed analysis of the competitors in the market. It covers the financial performance analysis for the publicly listed companies in the market. The report also offers detailed information on the companies' recent development and competitive scenario. Some of the companies covered in this report are AB Medical, Abbott, Becton Dickinson and Company, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Cardinal Health, etc.
- America (Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, United States, Rest of Americas)
- Europe (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Rest of Europe)
- Middle-East and Africa (Egypt, Israel, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Rest of MEA)
- Asia-Pacific (Australia, Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Taiwan, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
Competitive QuadrantThe report includes Competitive Quadrant, a proprietary tool to analyze and evaluate the position of companies based on their Industry Position score and Market Performance score. The tool uses various factors for categorizing the players into four categories. Some of these factors considered for analysis are financial performance over the last 3 years, growth strategies, innovation score, new product launches, investments, growth in market share, etc.
Ansoff AnalysisThe report presents a detailed Ansoff matrix analysis for the Global Blood Market. Ansoff Matrix, also known as Product/Market Expansion Grid, is a strategic tool used to design strategies for the growth of the company. The matrix can be used to evaluate approaches in four strategies viz. Market Development, Market Penetration, Product Development and Diversification. The matrix is also used for risk analysis to understand the risk involved with each approach. The analyst analyses the Global Blood Market using the Ansoff Matrix to provide the best approaches a company can take to improve its market position. Based on the SWOT analysis conducted on the industry and industry players, the analyst has devised suitable strategies for market growth.
Why buy this report?
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the Global Blood Market. The report includes in-depth qualitative analysis, verifiable data from authentic sources, and projections about market size. The projections are calculated using proven research methodologies.
- The report has been compiled through extensive primary and secondary research. The primary research is done through interviews, surveys, and observation of renowned personnel in the industry.
- The report includes an in-depth market analysis using Porter's 5 forces model and the Ansoff Matrix. In addition, the impact of Covid-19 on the market is also featured in the report.
- The report also includes the regulatory scenario in the industry, which will help you make a well-informed decision. The report discusses major regulatory bodies and major rules and regulations imposed on this sector across various geographies.
- The report also contains the competitive analysis using Positioning Quadrants, the analyst's Proprietary competitive positioning tool.
- A complete analysis of the market, including the parent industry
- Important market dynamics and trends
- Market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market based on value and volume
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
What is the estimated value of the Global Blood Market?
What is the growth rate of the Global Blood Market?
What is the forecasted size of the Global Blood Market?
Who are the key companies in the Global Blood Market?
|No. of Pages||176|
|Forecast Period||2022 - 2027|
| Estimated Market Value ( USD ||$ 7.75 Billion|
| Forecasted Market Value ( USD ||$ 9.62 Billion|
|Compound Annual Growth Rate||4.4%|
|No. of Companies Mentioned||20|
Table of Contents
1.2 Market Definition
1.4 Years Considered
1.6 Key Stakeholders
2.2 Data Collection and Validation
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.3 Market Size Estimation
2.3.1 Bottom-Up Approach
2.3.2 Top-Down Approach
2.4 Assumptions of the Study
2.5 Limitations of the Study
3.2 Market Size, Segmentations and Outlook
4.1.1 Rise in Demand for Blood and Other Blood Related Products Across the Globe
4.1.2 Surge in Blood Donations and Plasma Donations Across the Globe
4.1.3 Favorable Government Regulations for Blood Screening
4.1.4 Advancements in Blood Transfusion and Blood Screening Instrument
4.2.1 High Cost of Advanced Blood Collection Devices
4.2.2 Lack of Skilled Laboratory Professionals
4.3.1 Developing Economies Offer Lucrative Growth Opportunities
4.4.1 Declining Number of Blood Donations
4.4.2 Transfusion Transmitted Infection (TTI) Related to Donated Blood
4.4.3 Inaccessibility of Proficient Blood Stockpiling Procedures
5.2 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.3 Impact of COVID-19
5.4 Ansoff Matrix Analysis
6.2 Whole Blood Collection and Processing
6.2.1 Whole Blood Collection Systems
6.2.2 Whole Blood Collection Consumables
6.3 Source Plasma Collection
6.3.1 Source Plasma Collection Systems
6.3.2 Source Plasma Collection Consumables
6.4 Blood Typing Products
6.4.1 Blood Typing Systems
6.4.2 Blood Typing Reagents
6.5 Blood Screening Products
6.5.1 Blood Screening Systems
6.5.2 Blood Screening Reagents
7.2 Blood & Blood Component Bank
7.3 Diagnostic Laboratories
7.4 Ambulatory Surgical Centers
7.5 Blood and Blood Component Bank
7.6 Diagnostic & Pathology Laboratories
7.7 Others (Hospitals, ASC, & Nursing Homes)
8.9 United States
8.10 Rest of Americas
9.16 United Kingdom
9.17 Rest of Europe
10.5 Saudi Arabia
10.6 South Africa
10.7 United Arab Emirates
10.8 Rest of MEA
11.11 South Korea
11.12 Sri Lanka
11.15 Rest of Asia-Pacific
12.2 Market Share Analysis
12.3 Strategic Initiatives
12.3.1 M&A and Investments
12.3.2 Partnerships and Collaborations
12.3.3 Product Developments and Improvements
13.3 Becton, Dickinson and Company
13.4 Bio-Rad Laboratories
13.5 Cardinal Health
13.7 F. Hoffmann-La Roche
13.9 Greiner Bio-One International
13.13 Merck & Co.
13.14 Nipro Medical
13.15 Novo Nordisk
13.16 Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
13.17 Retractable Technologies
13.19 Smiths Medical
13.20 TERUMO BCT
- AB Medical
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Cardinal Health
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche
- Greiner Bio-One International
- Merck & Co.
- Nipro Medical
- Novo Nordisk
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
- Retractable Technologies
- Smiths Medical
- TERUMO BCT