The Global Oral Antibiotics Market is estimated to be USD 20.42 Bn in 2022 and is expected to reach USD 23.22 Bn by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 2.6%.
Oral Antibiotics are rapidly losing ground in the fight against bacteria
Market DynamicsMarket dynamics are forces that impact the prices and behaviors of the stakeholders. These forces create pricing signals which result from the changes in the supply and demand curves for a given product or service. Forces of Market Dynamics may be related to macro-economic and micro-economic factors. There are dynamic market forces other than price, demand, and supply. Human emotions can also drive decisions, influence the market, and create price signals. As the market dynamics impact the supply and demand curves, decision-makers aim to determine the best way to use various financial tools to stem various strategies for speeding the growth and reducing the risks.
Market SegmentationsThe Global Oral Antibiotics Market is segmented based on Class, Action Mechanism, Application, Drug Origin, Activity Spectrum, Drug Type, and Geography.
- By Class, the market is classified into Beta Lactam and Beta Lactamase Inhibitors, Quinolones, Macrolides, and Others.
- By Action Mechanism, the market is classified into Cell Wall Synthesis Inhibitors, Mycolic Acid Inhibitors, DNA Synthesis Inhibitors, RNA Synthesis Inhibitors, Protein Synthesis Inhibitors, and Other Mechanisms.
- By Application, the market is classified into Community-Acquired Respiratory Tract Infections (CARTIs), Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs), and Others.
- By Drug Origin, the market is classified into Natural, Semisynthetic, and Synthetic.
- By Activity Spectrum, the market is classified into Broad-spectrum antibiotic, and Mid/Narrow-spectrum antibiotic.
- By Drug Type, the market is classified into Branded and Generics.
- By Geography, the market is classified into Americas, Europe, Middle-East & Africa and Asia-Pacific.
Company ProfilesThe report provides a detailed analysis of the competitors in the market. It covers the financial performance analysis for the publicly listed companies in the market. The report also offers detailed information on the companies' recent development and competitive scenario. Some of the companies covered in this report are Abbott Laboratories, Astellas Pharma, AstraZeneca Plc, Bayer AG, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Cipla Inc., Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., etc.
- America (Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, United States, Rest of Americas)
- Europe (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Rest of Europe)
- Middle-East and Africa (Egypt, Israel, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Rest of MEA)
- Asia-Pacific (Australia, Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Taiwan, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
Competitive QuadrantThe report includes Competitive Quadrant, a proprietary tool to analyze and evaluate the position of companies based on their Industry Position score and Market Performance score. The tool uses various factors for categorizing the players into four categories. Some of these factors considered for analysis are financial performance over the last 3 years, growth strategies, innovation score, new product launches, investments, growth in market share, etc.
Ansoff AnalysisThe report presents a detailed Ansoff matrix analysis for the Global Oral Antibiotics Market. Ansoff Matrix, also known as Product/Market Expansion Grid, is a strategic tool used to design strategies for the growth of the company. The matrix can be used to evaluate approaches in four strategies viz. Market Development, Market Penetration, Product Development and Diversification. The matrix is also used for risk analysis to understand the risk involved with each approach. The analyst analyses the Global Oral Antibiotics Market using the Ansoff Matrix to provide the best approaches a company can take to improve its market position. Based on the SWOT analysis conducted on the industry and industry players, the analyst has devised suitable strategies for market growth.
Why buy this report?
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the Global Oral Antibiotics Market. The report includes in-depth qualitative analysis, verifiable data from authentic sources, and projections about market size. The projections are calculated using proven research methodologies.
- The report has been compiled through extensive primary and secondary research. The primary research is done through interviews, surveys, and observation of renowned personnel in the industry.
- The report includes an in-depth market analysis using Porter's 5 forces model and the Ansoff Matrix. In addition, the impact of Covid-19 on the market is also featured in the report.
- The report also includes the regulatory scenario in the industry, which will help you make a well-informed decision. The report discusses major regulatory bodies and major rules and regulations imposed on this sector across various geographies.
- The report also contains the competitive analysis using Positioning Quadrants, the analyst's Proprietary competitive positioning tool.
- A complete analysis of the market, including the parent industry
- Important market dynamics and trends
- Market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market based on value and volume
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
What is the estimated value of the Global Oral Antibiotics Market?
What is the growth rate of the Global Oral Antibiotics Market?
What is the forecasted size of the Global Oral Antibiotics Market?
Who are the key companies in the Global Oral Antibiotics Market?
|No. of Pages||183|
|Forecast Period||2022 - 2027|
| Estimated Market Value ( USD
||USD 20.42 Billion|
| Forecasted Market Value ( USD
||USD 23.22 Billion|
|Compound Annual Growth Rate||2.6%|
Table of Contents
1.2 Market Definition
1.4 Years Considered
1.6 Key Stakeholders
2.2 Data Collection and Validation
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.3 Market Size Estimation
2.3.1 Bottom-Up Approach
2.3.2 Top-Down Approach
2.4 Assumptions of the Study
2.5 Limitations of the Study
3.2 Market Size, Segmentations and Outlook
4.1.1 Increase in consumption in Developing Countries
4.1.2 Increasing Prevalence of Infectious Diseases
4.2.1 Development of Antibiotic Resistance
4.2.2 Longer Time consumption for Approval
4.3.1 Discovery of Advanced Therapies to Treat Antibiotic-Resistance
4.3.2 Development of Novel Approaches
5.2 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.3 Impact of COVID-19
5.4 Ansoff Matrix Analysis
6.2 Beta Lactam and Beta Lactamase Inhibitors
7.2 Cell Wall Synthesis Inhibitors
7.3 Mycolic Acid Inhibitors
7.4 DNA Synthesis Inhibitors
7.5 RNA Synthesis Inhibitors
7.6 Protein Synthesis Inhibitors
7.7 Other Mechanisms
8.2 Community-Acquired Respiratory Tract Infections (CARTIs)
8.2.1 Upper Respiratory Tract Infections (URTI)
8.2.2 Lower Respiratory Tract Infections (LRTIs)
8.3 Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
10.2 Broad-spectrum antibiotic
10.3 Mid/Narrow-spectrum antibiotic
12.9 United States
12.10 Rest of Americas
13.16 United Kingdom
13.17 Rest of Europe
14.5 Saudi Arabia
14.6 South Africa
14.7 United Arab Emirates
14.8 Rest of MEA
15.11 South Korea
15.12 Sri Lanka
15.15 Rest of Asia-Pacific
16.2 Market Share Analysis
16.3 Strategic Initiatives
16.3.1 M&A and Investments
16.3.2 Partnerships and Collaborations
16.3.3 Product Developments and Improvements
17.2 Astellas Pharma
17.3 AstraZeneca Plc
17.4 Bayer AG
17.5 Bristol Myers Squibb Company
17.6 Cipla Inc
17.7 Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd
17.8 Eli Lilly and Company
17.9 F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
17.10 Gilead Sciences, Inc
17.11 GlaxoSmithKline plc.
17.12 Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc (Janssen Pharmaceuticals)
17.13 Mayne Pharma Group Ltd
17.14 Melinta Therapeutics LLC
17.15 Merck & Co., Inc
17.16 Novartis AG
17.17 Pfizer Inc
17.19 Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Abbott Laboratories
- Astellas Pharma
- AstraZeneca Plc
- Bayer AG
- Bristol Myers Squibb Company
- Cipla Inc Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd Eli Lilly and Company
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd Gilead Sciences, Inc GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. (Janssen Pharmaceuticals)
- Mayne Pharma Group Ltd Melinta Therapeutics LLC
- Merck & Co., Inc
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer Inc Sanofi
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.