About KUBERNETES Training Crash CourseIn this course, you are going to learn about most popular orchestration management tool, Kubernetes.
Kubernetes, also known as K8s, is an open-source container orchestration tool for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications.
Among list of containerization orchestration tool, K8s is one of the popular and powerful tool which is originally designed by Google and is now maintained by the CNCF aka Cloud Native Computing Foundation.
The salient features of Kubernetes is:
- Automated rollouts and rollbacks
- Horizontal scaling
- IPv4/IPv6 dual-stack
- Auto load balancing
- Service Topology
- Service Discovery
- Automatic bin packing and much more
Then you'll be learning about pods (basic unit of Kubernetes cluster), then adding namespaces and labels to make virtual cluster. Then you'll learn about replication controller, replicaset and deployement. What are the similarities and difference among them as well to implement them with the help of YAML files.
You'll have lots and lots of detailed hands on various commands related to minikube and kubectl.
KUBERNETES Training Crash Course ObjectiveLearn how to manage multiple containerized applications using Kubernetes. Also learn how to make applications highly available, fault tolerant and scalable.
- What is container orchestration?
- What are advantages of Kubernetes?
- Docker vs kubernetes
- Docker swarm vs kubernetes
- How kubernetes work?
- Architecture of kubernetes
- What are pods?
- Pods lifecycle
- Running first kubernetes pods
- What are services? How to expose a pod to outside world?
- Understanding kubernetes YAML definition file
- Creating pod using yaml
- What are different types of kubernetes services
- What are Replica sets? Why do we need them?
- Creating replica controller and replica set using kubernetes yaml
- Difference between replica controller and replica set?
- What are deployments?
- How is deployment different from replicas?
- What is scaling? How to do scale up or down?
- What is Horizontal Pod Autoscaling?
- How to do quick rollback and easily update?
- Different deployment strategies
- Different restart policies