About Advanced Interpersonal Communication SkillsA study by the Carnegie Foundation found that 15% of the skills that contribute to overall success in your career can be traced to your technical skills while 85% of your success can be traced to your ability to communicate with, and work effectively with colleagues, co-workers, customers and managers. Ironically, the amount of training and education the typical “technical expert” receives in his or her career consists of 95% technical training and 5% communications training. That means 95% of your training supports 15% of what will make you successful while only 5% of your training supports 85% of what will make your successful.
This three-hour workshop offers you communication and people skills training that will help you work more effectively with colleagues, co-workers, managers, and customers - thus improving the level of career success you will achieve.
Advanced Interpersonal Communication Skills ObjectiveOffer specific tools and techniques that will help you build better relationships at work and at home
- A seven-step approach to connecting with others that will make them want to work with you
- Five sure-fire listening skills that will ensure that what they said is what you understood
- The principle of “mutual reciprocity” to build trust with peers, clients and colleagues
- Tips for working with your boss
- Overcoming differences of opinion to achieve win/win outcomes.
- How to play positive politics to get your ideas taken seriously and your projects completed successfully.
- Adapt your working style to mesh with others
- Identifying and celebrating the strengths of others to achieve greater results