The Spain Road Freight Transport Market is projected to register a CAGR of 5.54%
- Largest Segment by Distance - Long Haul: Long-haul trucking services have dominated the distance segment in Spain's road freight transport market due to the rising trade patterns and construction of smooth expressways within and across the country.
- Largest Segment by Product Type - Solid Goods: In Spain, solid goods surpass liquid goods in the product type segment as most of the commodities transported were within the solid goods segment. It also significantly contributes to the value-added output of the country.
- Largest Segment by End User - Manufacturing: The manufacturing sector, which has a market share of 11.32% and is the second-largest contributor to Spain's GDP, makes up the majority of the road freight transport market in Spain.
- Fastest Growing Segment by TruckLoad Specification - Less than Truckload: Small and medium-sized enterprises are one of the key end users of this service, and there are currently 2,547,511 SMEs in Spain, making the LTL segment the fastest-growing sector.
Spain Road Freight Transport Market Trends
Manufacturing is the largest segment by End User.
- In 2020, the manufacturing segment was the largest contributor to the Spanish road freight transport market, with a share of 340.32%, followed by the wholesale and retail trade segment, with a share of 28.03%. The wholesale and retail trade segment was also the major contributor to Spain's GDP, with a share of 11.8%, amounting to USD 161.02 billion in 2021.
- The end-user segment of the road freight transport market experienced a decline of 3.44% YoY in 2019 in terms of volume, followed by a further decline of 5.72% YoY in 2020 due to a decrease in Spain's trade patterns caused by the impact of Brexit and the COVID-19 pandemic. The other end-user segment of the market witnessed a maximum decline of 6.0% YoY in 2020 due to the decline in entertainment, real estate, recreational, and other activities.
- During the forecast period (2022-2028), the oil and gas, mining, and quarrying segment is expected to record the highest CAGR of 6.93%, followed by the wholesale and retail trade segment, with a CAGR of 5.90%. Thus, the scope of these segments in the market is anticipated to be massive in terms of growth.
Spain Road Freight Transport Market Competitive AnalysisThe Spain Road Freight Transport Market is fragmented, with the top five companies occupying 5.20%. The major players in this market are Dachser, DSV, Primafrio, Seur Geopost SL and XPO Logistics Inc. (sorted alphabetically).
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY & KEY FINDINGS
2 REPORT OFFERS
3.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
3.2 Scope of the Study
3.3 Research Methodology
4 KEY INDUSTRY TRENDS
4.1 GDP Distribution By Economic Activity
4.2 GDP Growth By Economic Activity
4.3 Wholesale Price Inflation
4.4 Economic Performance And Profile
4.5 Transport And Storage Sector GDP
4.6 Logistics Performance
4.7 Modal Share Of Freight Transport Sector
4.8 Length Of Roads
4.9 Export Trends
4.10 Import Trends
4.11 Fuel Pricing Trends
4.12 Trucking Operational Costs
4.13 Trucking Fleet Size By Type
4.14 Major Truck Suppliers
4.15 Road Freight Tonnage Trends
4.16 Road Freight Pricing Trends
4.17 Regulatory Framework
4.18 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 End User
5.1.1 Agriculture, Fishing And Forestry
5.1.4 Oil And Gas, Mining And Quarrying
5.1.5 Wholesale And Retail Trade
5.3 Truckload Specification
5.3.1 Full Truckload
5.3.2 Less Than Truckload
5.4.2 Non- Containerized
5.5.1 Long Haul
5.5.2 Short Haul
5.6 Product Type
5.6.1 Liquid Goods
5.6.2 Solid Goods
5.7 Temperature Control
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Key Strategic Moves
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Landscape
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 DB Schenker
6.4.3 Deutsche Post DHL Group
6.4.6 General Logistics Systems
6.4.8 Marcotran Transportes Internacionales SL
6.4.10 Seur Geopost SL
6.4.11 Trans Sese SL
6.4.12 XPO Logistics Inc.
7 KEY STRATEGIC QUESTIONS FOR ROAD FREIGHT CEOS
8.1 Global Logistics Market Overview
8.1.2 Porter’s Five Forces Framework
8.1.3 Global Value Chain Analysis
8.1.4 Market Dynamics (Market Drivers, Restraints & Opportunities)
8.2 Sources & References
8.3 List of Tables & Figures
8.4 Primary Insights
8.5 Data Pack
8.6 Glossary of Terms
8.7 Currency Exchange Rate
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- DB Schenker
- Deutsche Post DHL Group
- General Logistics Systems
- Marcotran Transportes Internacionales SL
- Seur Geopost SL
- Trans Sese SL
- XPO Logistics Inc.