Harness the Powerful New Features of SQL Server 2008
Whether you′re a database administrator or application developer, this in–depth guide is your key to delivering improved data collection, storage, reporting, and security with SQL Server 2008. Mastering SQL Server 2008 brings you up to speed on architecture, installation, and configuration essentials, before moving to the step–by–step instruction you need for more advanced topics such as procedural programming, query optimization, how to use spatial data, SQL Server in the .NET world, and more.
You′ll master the extensive toolset, explore useful third–party tools, and most importantly, find out how to choose and use the right SQL Server features for the specific tasks you have.
Installing and configuring SQL Server 2008
Understanding SQL Server′s place within the Microsoft architecture
Making data reliably and efficiently available to your consumers
Securing your data with SQL Server 2008′s new Transparent Data Encryption feature
Integrating XML technology into SQL Server
Creating index architectures for maximum benefit and minimum cost
Exploring new geometry and geography data types for today′s businesses
Maximizing data warehousing and business intelligence tools
2. Understanding SQL Server Architecture.
3. Databases, Files, and Resource Management.
4. Tables and CRUD Operations.
5. Procedural programming.
6. Managing Data Integrity.
7. SQL Server and XML.
8. Managing User Security.
9. Data Recovery.
10. Monitoring SQL Server Activity.
11. Using the SQL Server Agent Service.
12. Data Availability and Distribution.
13. SQL Server Data Security.
14. Indexing Strategies for Query Optimization.
15. Transactions and Locking Strategies.
16. Using Resource Governor and Policy–Based Management.
17. SQL Server and the .NET Client.
18. Leveraging the SQL Server .NET CLR.
19. Using Spatial Data.
20. Service Oriented Architecture and the Service Broker.
21. Full Text Search Services.