- Language: English
- 52 Pages
- Published: September 2011
- Region: India
This product is currently not available for purchase.
Worldwide Enterprise Tablet Market Forecast
- Published: January 2012
- Region: Global
- 65 Pages
- Infinite Research
The report presents the most comprehensive analysis available of the global market for business tablets. This publication, the first study of its kind, provides detailed tablet shipment forecasts and adoption analyses across all of the key enterprise vertical markets purchasing and deploying tablets. Over the next 5 years, total shipments of tablet computers to enterprises around the world are expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 48%, with shipments rising from 13.6 million units in 2011 to 96.3 million units in 2016.
Enterprise and business tablet adoption is occurring in numerous market verticals such as Education, Healthcare, Retail, Industrial, Government, Financial Services, Hospitality, Technology, Legal, and Energy sectors. Demand in the enterprise tablet space is being driven by the desire to improve employee (or member) productivity. Mobile applications are allowing enterprises to realize huge productivity gains. Additionally, enterprise members are increasingly seeking real-time access to computing & communications tools, content, and the internet regardless of their physical location. The tablet has emerged as the perfect solution to give employees access to the computing tools necessary to succeed in today's hyper-competitive business environment.
Questions This Report Answers:
- What is the size, growth rate, and revenue opportunity for companies targeting the enterprise tablet market?)
- What are the keys to success for companies targeting and operating in the enterprise tablet space? What business models are currently manifesting
- What are the key drivers, inhibitors, and needs of the enterprise tablet market?
- How is enterprise tablet adoption progressing in the healthcare, government, retail, industrial, financial services, technology, legal, hospitality, and energy sectors?
- What challenges exist in the marketplace today?
- What is the outlook for the enterprise tablet market going forward?
Who Needs This Report?
- Tablet Manufacturers (OEMs and ODMs)
- Tablet component suppliers
- Telecom and Network Operators
- Research Institutes and Government Agencies
- Service and Content Providers
- Software and Application Developers
- The Investment Community: (Venture Capital, Private Equity, Investment Banks)
- Consulting Firms SHOW LESS READ MORE >
CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Market History
1.4 The Difference Today
1.5 Tablets vs. Smartphones (in the Enterprise)
1.6 Tablets vs. Desktops, Notebooks, & Netbooks (in the Enterprise)
CHAPTER 2 – ENTERPRISE TABLET MARKET NEEDS, DRIVERS, & CHALLENGES
2.1 Enterprise Market Needs
2.1.1 Device Management, Configuration, & Provisioning
2.1.3 Access, Integration, Interaction
2.1.4 More Direct Support of Windows & Microsoft Office
2.1.5 Manufacturers may need Resellers
2.1.6 Understand End-User Requirements
2.2 Enterprise Tablet Market Drivers
2.2.1 Fundamental Demand from Mobile & Remote Employees
2.2.2 Corporate Design of Internal Productivity Apps for Employees
2.2.3 Small and Mid-Size Business Demand
2.2.4 Telecom Subsidies
2.2.5 Cloud Services
2.2.6 The Crackdown on Bring Your Own Device
2.2.7 Streaming Capabilities & Other New Functions
2.2.8 Executive Upgrades
2.3 Enterprise Tablet Market Challenges & Inhibitors
2.3.1 The High Cost For A 3rd or 4th Device
2.3.2 Managing Data Across Devices & Operating Systems
2.3.3 Content Consumption vs. Content Creation
2.3.4 Audio / Video Recording & Corporate Leaks
2.3.5 Challenges Related to the Device Replacement Cycle
2.3.6 OEM & Software Vendor Support for the Enterprise
CHAPTER 3 – KEY MARKETS FOR TABLET COMPUTERS
3.2 Tablets in Healthcare
3.3 Tablets in the Government Sector
3.4 Tablets in Retail
3.5 Tablets in the Industrial Sector
3.6 Tablets in the Financial Services Sector
3.7 Tablets in the Tech Sector
3.8 Tablets in the Legal Sector
3.9 Tablets in the Energy Sector
3.10 Tablets in the Hospitality Sector
CHAPTER 4: ENTERPRISE TABLET MARKET FORECASTS
4.2 Global Enterprise Tablet Market Forecasts
4.2.1 Worldwide Enterprise Tablet Shipments by Region
4.2.2 Worldwide Enterprise Tablet Market Share by Region
4.2.3 Worldwide Enterprise Tablet Shipments by Vertical Market
4.2.4 Enterprise Tablet Shipments in North America by Vertical Market
4.2.5 Enterprise Tablet Shipments in Europe by Vertical Market
4.2.6 Enterprise Tablet Shipments in Asia-Pacific by Vertical Market
4.2.7 Rest of World Enterprise Tablet Shipments by Vertical Market
4.2.8 Enterprise Tablet Vendor/OEM Market Share
4.2.9 Enterprise Tablet Shipments by Vendor (Apple vs. Others)
4.2.10 Global Enterprise Tablet Market Share by Operating System
4.2.11 Worldwide Enterprise Tablet Shipments by Operating System
4.2.12 Global Enterprise Tablet Market Share by Connectivity Technology
4.2.13 Worldwide Enterprise Tablet Shipments by Connectivity Technology
4.2.14 Global Enterprise Tablet Average Selling Price
4.2.15 Global Enterprise Tablet Revenue by Vendor (Apple vs. Others)
4.2.16 Worldwide Enterprise Tablet Revenue by Region
CHAPTER 5 ENTERPRISE MARKET VENDOR STRATEGIES
5.1 Vendor Strategies – Apple
5.2 Research-In-Motion (RIM)
CHAPTER 6 – CONCLUSION
List of Market Forecast Charts & Tables
Worldwide Enterprise Tablet Shipments by Region
Worldwide Enterprise Tablet Market Share by Region
Worldwide Enterprise Tablet Shipments by Vertical Market
Enterprise Tablet Shipments in North America by Vertical Market
Enterprise Tablet Shipments in Europe by Vertical Market
Enterprise Tablet Shipments in Asia-Pacific by Vertical Market
Rest of World Enterprise Tablet Shipments by Vertical Market
Enterprise Tablet Vendor/OEM Market Share
Enterprise Tablet Shipments by Vendor (Apple vs. Others)
Global Enterprise Tablet Market Share by Operating System
Worldwide Enterprise Tablet Shipments by Operating System
Global Enterprise Tablet Market Share by Connectivity Technology
Worldwide Enterprise Tablet Shipments by Connectivity Technology
Global Enterprise Tablet Average Selling Price
Global Enterprise Tablet Revenue by Vendor (Apple vs. Others)
Worldwide Enterprise Tablet Revenue by Region
The global enterprise tablet market will enjoy a multiyear wave of growth resulting from enduser market demand, the desire to improve employee productivity, and the increased need for high quality and efficient mobile computing devices. As a result, growth in the enterprise tablet market is expected to be significantly higher than in other traditional computing segments over the 2012 – 2016 forecast period.
The following list details some of the major findings of our study.
- The enterprise tablet market is still in its infancy. New use cases and scenarios are emerging rapidly and will continue to emerge and expand in the coming years. Tablet demand from businesses will increase quickly as enterprises and end-users alike realize the magnitude of the productivity gains that tablets can offer.
- The enterprise tablet phenomenon is not confined to any one specific industry or business type (size). Instead, adoption is quickly progressing across a wide variety of vertical markets. In a little more than a year, tablets have made significant inroads into the following verticals - Industrial, Energy, Retail, Healthcare, Legal, Financial Services, Technology, Education, Hospitality, and Government. While these markets currently are leading adopters, demand will pick up in many additional sectors in the coming years.
- The total cost of tablet ownership is a critically important factor to enterprises. Beyond the initial purchase expense, enterprises pay to deploy tablets to end-users, secure the devices, implement on-going device management programs, and for any repairs & feature upgrades. As a result TCO is often 5-8 times higher than the initial purchase price. Vendors that are able to offer end-users affordable TCO solutions will be in a position to secure market share.
- In response to strong customer demand, enterprise tablet shipments will increase from 13.69 million units in 2011 to 96.38 million units in 2016. At a minimum, adoption levels will be in-line with the historical rates posted by smartphones, but also very likely to surpass such rates. Demand will initially be strongest in North America, although the highest growth (through 2016), is projected to come from emerging/developing regions.
- Research-In-Motion (RIM)