ICT budget forecasts in Medium-sized Swiss Media Companies - Estimated ICT budget breakdowns in 2013
- Language: English
- Published: June 2013
- Region: Switzerland
As more ICT product and service vendors structure their sales teams around vertical market sectors, put in place channel strategies to address customers on the basis of size, and start wondering about ‘big data' and analytics, this report examines a better way of looking at the market so products and services can be optimally packaged and sold. Based on a survey of UK business buyers of ICT products and services, the report presents an ICT maturity model and shows how effective ICT maturity is at predicting use and future use of ICT products and services. It gives guidance for how companies can use the maturity concept within their own customer databases, and to help improve the accuracy of market sizing and forecasting.
Your questions answered
- What is B2B market segmentation, and why is it useful?
- What is ICT maturity, and why is it useful?
- How can I segment my business market and improve my market forecasting using ICT maturity?
- What questions should I ask to determine the ICT maturity of my customers and potential customers?
- What does the UK business market looks like in terms of its ICT maturity?
- What other data sets are available and how can I combines them with ICT maturity?
- How can I use ICT maturity, and the information on the UK market, to build product and service portfolios bundles that meet the needs of buyers in different companies?
Who should buy this report?
- Product strategy teams
- Marketing teams
- Channel management teams
- Sales management teams
- Fixed telecoms operators and service providers
- Mobile telecoms operators and service providers
- IT equipment vendors
- ICT retailers
- ICT service providers
Electronic report in pdf / PowerPoint format (41 slides) with an Excel spreadsheet of numbers under all charts. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. Executive summary
2. Market segmentation and business ICT
- Fundamentals, process and new approaches and tools
- ICT maturity approach to dealing with complexity
3. A practical ICT maturity model
- The four domains and 16 indicators of ICT maturity
- A survey to underpin the model
- The predictive power of the model – and how ICT maturity compares with other segmentation variables
- How to use ICT maturity with a customer database and improve forecasting accuracy
4. UK business ICT maturity
- What the UK market looks like in terms of ICT maturity and other factors
- UK spend on ICT by ICT maturity level
5. Adding value to ICT maturity data
- ICT services bought by companies with different ICT maturity
- Sources of complementary data
- Creating product portfolios and service wraps using ICT maturity
- Forecasting new markets using ICT maturity
Annexes: maturity model and survey details; references
Figures and tables
Stages in a segmentation process
Types and characteristics of segmentation variables
Possible progress through ICT maturity levels
Four domains of ICT maturity
ICT maturity of companies already using 14 specific ICT products
ICT maturity of companies planning to use 14 specific ICT products within 12 months
Percentage of companies already using videoconferencing or planning to use it within 12 months, by ICT maturity level
Percentage of companies already using videoconferencing or planning to use it within 12 months, by sector
Percentage of companies already using hosted VoIP or planning to use it within 12 months, by ICT maturity level
Percentage of companies already using hosted VoIP or planning to use it within 12 months, by size band
ICT maturity of companies that definitely won't use 14 specific ICT products
Index of correlation between ICT maturity and four other indicators, and uptake of three specific ICT services
ICT maturity level by size of company
ICT maturity level by sector
Percentage of UK organisations with various numbers of sites, by ICT maturity
Number of organisations, and employed staff, of UK organisations by ICT maturity level
Annual spend on ICT products and services and as a % of turnover by UK organisations, by ICT maturity level
Annual spend on ICT products and services by UK organisations of different sizes, broken down by ICT maturity level
Products and services that companies are significantly more likely than the average to buy or use within 12 months, by ICT maturity level
Service wrap ideas for companies at different levels of ICT maturity
Survey sample by sector
Survey sample by size band