M2M is a technology that allows 2 or more intelligent machines to communicate with each other without human intervention via a communication network. Once data is transmitted over the network, it is collected for analysis and assessed properly to extract essential information. M2M technology has been predominantly used in telematics applications. More recently, it has become important in applications such as smart grids, industrial automation, retail, healthcare, and consumer electronics.
This research service provides the total global revenue forecast for the M2M test and monitoring equipment market, end-user analysis, geographic analysis, competitor profiles, and market share analysis for the key industry participants.
MARKET OVERVIEW - TECHNOLOGY CAPABILITY
- M2M is a technology that allows 2 or more intelligent machines to communicate with each other without human intervention via a communication network.
- Once the data is transmitted over the network, it is collected for analysis and assessed properly to extract essential information
- M2M technology has been used in telematics applications predominantly. Of late, it has become important in applications such as smart grids, industrial automation, retail, healthcare, and consumer electronics.
- The main advantage of M2M is real-time delivery of reliable data and easy access to a device or machine.
- M2M technology is advancing with the use of embedded sensors and chipsets in almost every possible device. The presence of these chipsets makes it possible for end users to access anything, anywhere. Another important strength of M2M is the delivery of real-time streaming information with ubiquitous presence of broadband. Technologies such as cloud computing and 4G are also fuelling the growth of M2M.
- M2M is moving from an early growth stage to a mature stage. Standardization efforts and several important collaborations across the value chain are expected to foster the eventual growth of M2M. With reduced hardware costs, lower data tariffs, and ease of integration with platform-based services, wider adoption of M2M communications is expected in approximately 3 years.
New, market-specific standards for M2M communications will require the test equipment manufacturers to all conform to the same regulations.
Test equipment manufacturers will gain more from M2M communications over cellular/wireless network, as there will be more applications that could be addressed through these networks, which leads to a boost in demand.
A new set of standards will lead to more conformance testing; meanwhile, functional testing and one-box testing will be required for M2M-capable devices. New nodes will be attached in the existing networks to enable M2M communications, which will lead to demand for installation and maintenance (I&M) segment.
Monitoring of the network for M2M communications is dependent on the type of end-user application. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Total M2M Communications Test Equipment Market
- Value Chain Analysis
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecast and Trends
- End-user Analysis
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
R&D Segment Breakdown
Monitoring Segment Breakdown
I&M Segment Breakdown
Manufacturing Segment Breakdown
The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY - CEO’S PERSPECTIVE
1. Scoring high on the price-performance front remains the key to a test equipment provider’s growth.
2. North America is becoming an increasingly important market as it utilizes new technology. An increase in demand for test equipment is expected.
3. Test equipment vendors will have to maintain a rapid pace of product innovation and enhancement for increased success.
4. Test equipment needs to be customized to meet end-user needs.