- Language: English
- 12 Pages
- Published: January 2013
- Region: Oman
The Middle East Mobile Benchmark
- ID: 2422375
- February 2013
- Region: Middle East, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
- 52 Pages
- Tariff Consultancy
The 52-page report supported with the all the data compared in excel spreadsheet entitled 'The Middle East Mobile Benchmark' provides analysis of voice and data services for both Pre Pay and Post Pay services across 26 MNOs in 13 Middle East countries.
Countries covered include: Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Syria, UAE, Saudi Arabia and Yemen.
The report gives detailed pricing information of postpaid offers both for voice and mobile broadband. The information compares pricing for connection, rental, included usage as part of the bundle, domestic usage (voice, SMS, MMS, data), international usage as well as roaming (calling back home, calling locally, receiving a call, sending an SMS back home and data roaming)
The report provides the reader with a quick view of what a service costs and how it compares with other operators in the region. All price points referred to are compared, prices are expressed in USD.
The Middle East Mobile Benchmark includes this current issue and an issue to be published towards the end of 2013.
1.1 Number of postpaid plans
1.2 Comparison of rental charges
1.2.1 Comparison of lowest priced postpaid plan (sorted by low to high)
1.2.2 Comparison of medium priced postpaid plan (sorted by low to high)
1.2.3 Comparison of high priced postpaid plan (sorted by low to high)
1.3 Comparison of included communication
1.3.1 Comparison of included minutes (sorted by low to high)
1.3.2 Comparison of included SMS (sorted by low to high)
1.3.3 Comparison of included data (sorted by low to high)
1.3.4 Other inclusive services
1.4 Comparison of connection charges
1.5 Comparison of domestic usage
1.5.1 Comparison of on-net usage per 1 minute
1.5.2 Comparison of off-net (mobile to mobile) per 1 minute
1.5.3 Comparison off off-net (fixed to mobile) per 1 minute
1.5.4 Off—peak hours
1.5.5 Comparison of SMS per 1 SMS
1.5.6 Comparison of MMS per 1 MMS
1.5.7 Comparison of Data per 1 Mbyte
1.6 IDD comparison per 1 Minute
1.7.1 Calling back home per 1 minute
1.7.2 Local call per 1 minute
1.7.3 Incoming call per 1 minute
1.7.4 Sending an SMS back home per 1 SMS
1.7.5 Data Roaming per 1 Mbyte
3. Mobile Broadband
3.1 Mobile Broadband price comparison (lowest (PPL) and highest(PPH) inclusive allowances)
3.2 Mobile Broadband sorted lowest to highest rental charge
3.3 Mobile Broadband sorted lowest to highest inclusive allowance
3.4 Mobile Broad Comparison sorted by charge inside the bundle per 1 GB continued
Average rental of postpaid plans in the Middle-East is USD 48.70 per month with 18 operators providing 1 GB or data ore more in their allowance
Tariff Consultancy Ltd (TCL) launches the Middle-East Mobile Benchmark subscription service which provides a review of prices levied for mobile services both voice and data by operators in the Middle East.
The Middle-East Mobile Benchmark service offers an insight into pricing for postpaid and prepaid services both voice and mobile broadband. The service comprises of a database providing detailed pricing information of services namely mobile broadband and mobile voice services including domestic usage, international usage and roaming. Additionally, this report provides a comparison of the various services in an easy-to-use format.
Some of the highlights from the findings are:
- The Benchmark has found that some Middle-Eastern operators offer a significantly greater number of tariffs than others such as inJordanwhere Zain offers 29 postpaid and 7 prepaid tariffs aimed its consumers. Total Plans offered by the 26 operators covered, a total of 174 postpaid plans and 96 prepaid plans are available: 14 out of the 26 operators offer more postpaid than prepaid plans.
- The Benchmark compares three plans for each operator, namely lowest priced, medium priced and highest priced in terms of rental charge charged per month. Rental charges vary from as little as USD 0.52 to as high as USD 680.83. The average rental per month of all plans is USD 48.70 per month.
- The Benchmark finds that a total of 6 out of the 26 covered operators offer voice unlimited minutes and in their allowance while 18 operators provide 1 GB or more of data allowance each month.
- Out of all the plans selected in the 13 countries both post and prepaid, the per minute charge for a voice call is no more than USD 0.15. The average cost of a 1 minute domestic on-net voice call is USD 0.08, USD 0.09 to landlines and USD 0.09 to other networks.
- Domestic SMS prices vary from USD 0.01 to USD 0.09 per text and MMS from USD 0.03 to USD 0.27.
- The survey found that some operators levy lower international calling to the USA than to a neighbouring country. The average call rate to the USA is USD 0.51 compared to Saudi Arabia at USD 0.50 per minute.
- Roaming charges attract an average of USD 2.32 per minute when calling back home from the roaming destination USA. Calling locally typically attracts a lower rate with rates being well below the USD 1 per minute charge. Data roaming varies across the surveyed operators from as little as USD 0.53 per 1 Mbyte to as high as USD 29.74 per 1 Mbyte.
- Saudi Arabia